Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Stutters and bad lagging

Hi everyone 

I have just installed MS2020 and all of the world updates onto a reformatted SSD M2 and encountered an issue which I am wondering whether anyone else has experienced.

I take off using the Daher  TBM 930  .... and set a ceiling height of 14000 feet and a heading of 150  .... Once in the cruise I leave the autopilot on and come back to it approx 8 hours later only to find no problem apart from dreadful stutters and lagging ..... basically if I disengage the autopilot it is impossible to fly ...

If I cancel the flight and reset 'without' closing the sim down everything is perfectly fine and runs like a dream .... perfectly smooth. 

I appreciate that probably not many do this but it is only done to check that the sim doesn't actually fail/crash /freeze. 

Any ideas would be well appreciated 

Cheers in advance 

Paul 

43 minutes ago, Paul_ said:

Hi everyone 

I have just installed MS2020 and all of the world updates onto a reformatted SSD M2 and encountered an issue which I am wondering whether anyone else has experienced.

I take off using the Daher  TBM 930  .... and set a ceiling height of 14000 feet and a heading of 150  .... Once in the cruise I leave the autopilot on and come back to it approx 8 hours later only to find no problem apart from dreadful stutters and lagging ..... basically if I disengage the autopilot it is impossible to fly ...

If I cancel the flight and reset 'without' closing the sim down everything is perfectly fine and runs like a dream .... perfectly smooth. 

I appreciate that probably not many do this but it is only done to check that the sim doesn't actually fail/crash /freeze. 

Any ideas would be well appreciated 

Cheers in advance 

Paul 

I can't see how it can be your SSD Paul.  If it loads and there are no CTD's it must be alright, but the issue you speak of is quite common.
Although MS / Asobo have improved the performance loss over long flights recently, depending on your PC spec, MSFS can get a bit 'bunged-up' on the longer flights, such as yours.

Some people save the flight, then close the sim, restart it, and carry on from there.  

Others have blamed it on a 'memory leak', but I won't go down that route, as there are other issues that could cause it, and the last time we went into about three pages of arguing what constitutes a memory leak!  :laugh:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hi Bob 

Thank you for your valued reply .... yes the system is working perfectly fine with no issues to the SSD or other components 

I have upped the cache from 8 to 32 but not sure if that will make any difference  .... 

Something else I tried quite a while back, when this lagging starts, was to close the instrument display boxes when you are on an outside view and on one occasion that did smooth things out without having to restart but i think I was just lucky on that occasion because it never resolved itself like that again   haha  

Cheers 

Paul 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul_ said:

Hi Bob 

Thank you for your valued reply .... yes the system is working perfectly fine with no issues to the SSD or other components 

I have upped the cache from 8 to 32 but not sure if that will make any difference  .... 

Something else I tried quite a while back, when this lagging starts, was to close the instrument display boxes when you are on an outside view and on one occasion that did smooth things out without having to restart but i think I was just lucky on that occasion because it never resolved itself like that again   haha  

Cheers 

Paul 

Did you update the G3000?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White