Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Mega huge spike (PAJN) .. am i the only one ?

I'm going to attack the spikes today. 

Since we're talking about this area, I have a question for the folks that have the ORBX mesh w/included PAJN: is the ORBX PAJN still eternally covered in snow with live weather? Thanks...

• Like 3

Andrew Crowley

@Stearmandriver yeah it's still full of snow without orbx, that snow is really annoying on some part of the world to be honest (like 20 degrees C° sometimes and snow that you can't even see the lakes nor roads or airfields ??)  but well it's like beating a dead horse 😜 .. probably orbx can't fix that because it's generated by the sim but well i don't know

btw after seeing your message i tried a little fix for the elevation by watching some YT videos (had no experience at all, took me like 3 hours and it should probably take 10 minutes for a guy with knowledge), just for fun, probably not very good quality but it was fun trying to learn, but if you have something better we are all waiting 🍻  .. i don't have alaska mesh by orbx so this is based on 'original scenery' not sure if it work or not with alaska mesh, orbx will probably fix their mesh soon usually they are trustworthy i think.

here's my little fix (i removed like 8 or 9 big towers) if you want to try -> https://filebin.net/206gdrl6o5cka924/pajn-area-flatten.zip

i can also share the source file if someone is interested to complete it, but it's quite bad quality, i just did basic newbie work 🙈

btw someone said there is package with some AK airports that fix the issues, not sure which package it is but it's maybe better to get that one if it improves other things too.

Before

bKz2Rrl.jpg

After

eSbzIGX.jpg

🍻

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

I'm beginning to wonder if SU-10  compromised the orbx mesh?  

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I couldnt find a PAJN on flightsim.to.

To fix would just require some flattening.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

32 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Since we're talking about this area, I have a question for the folks that have the ORBX mesh w/included PAJN: is the ORBX PAJN still eternally covered in snow with live weather? Thanks...

I haven’t been there that many times, but every time the place has been covered in snow, even in summer. I thought that’s because Meteoblue does not have an accurate way of showing snow coverage. Or the way it’s rendered in the sim.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Eclex said:

I'm beginning to wonder if SU-10  compromised the orbx mesh?  

I flew there a lot in the beta with the Orbx mesh. Not since SU10 went official though.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Yeah I figured the snow was a live weather effect since it goes away in weather presets. Thanks for confirmation though. 

Bad_T's fix looks good to me! I haven't loaded it up yet but pics look good... and I like any fix that means I don't have to do it myself ;).  You should put it up on flightsim.to to make it easy for others to find!

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

46 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Bad_T's fix looks good to me! I haven't loaded it up yet but pics look good.

Just checked it, and first of all, I stand corrected, the Orbx mesh does not fix it, but this little fix DOES 🙂

Thank you!

• Like 1

Bert

Nice work Mr. @Bad_T

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Interesting, I loaded PAJN in the sim to see starting on runway 26. I get snow covered all over but not the three long spikes as on shown on that pic. I have the Orbx Alaska Mesh v1.2.  Very weird.

3 hours ago, F1Fan said:

Interesting, I loaded PAJN in the sim to see starting on runway 26. I get snow covered all over but not the three long spikes as on shown on that pic. I have the Orbx Alaska Mesh v1.2.  Very weird.

You may have terrain LOD set to 100. When I spawn on rnw 26 with terrain LOD 100 I see no spikes if I don't move. I need to set LOD to 110 to see the first one, and as I increase LOD more spikes show up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

41 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You may have terrain LOD set to 100. When I spawn on rnw 26 with terrain LOD 100 I see no spikes if I don't move. I need to set LOD to 110 to see the first one, and as I increase LOD more spikes show up.

Ahh, ok  Yes, I do have LOD at 100.  Good catch.  Now I'll try it again and see it at over 100.

Thanks!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Yep!, you are absolutely correct!  Just as you described.  Set it at 110-120 and I see one huge! spike. So like you said, if I set it to 200 I'll see three!   Great catch on this! I'll leave it at LOD 100

Thanks!

Edited by F1Fan