Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Mega huge spike (PAJN) .. am i the only one ?

7 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

Yep!, you are absolutely correct!  Just as you described.  Set it at 110-120 and I see one huge! spike. So like you said, if I set it to 200 I'll see three!   Great catch on this! I'll leave it at LOD 100

Thanks!

If you take off and fly towards them you'll see 5, even with LOD 100. I installed Bad_T's fix and they're gone.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

26 minutes ago, Alvega said:

If you take off and fly towards them you'll see 5, even with LOD 100. I installed Bad_T's fix and they're gone.

Oh really?  I haven't flown around there yet.  So that file works eh?  I've been trying to get that file but the Chrome browser keeps rejecting it as well as MS Edge.  I need to keep trying. I also have malwarebytes and it keeps preventing me from downloading it..

Thanks again!

Edit: got it now..Had to quit Malwarebytes then it worked

Thanks!!

Edited by F1Fan

Getting the spikes even with TLOD 100. With live weather (METAR temp 9 celcius) the place is covered in snow, as usual. With REX, it's not.

FSKmMoR.jpg
iwuNmS6.jpg 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

As I type this I’m sitting on runway 26 and sure enough, I see them too.  They’re so tall they go into the clouds.  And I have Orbx’s Alaska Mesh installed too.  They look funny, kind of like huge cell phone towers 🙂 

Jack Sawyer

Another wonderful example letting me wonder if anyone, and I mean anyone, one single person, over at Asobo actually tries their update before releasing it. I have no, absolutely NO understanding how such things can slip QA... 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Getting the spikes even with TLOD 100. With live weather (METAR temp 9 celcius) the place is covered in snow, as usual. With REX, it's not.

Hi Cpt_ Piett, It seems you didn't understand what I posted. Of course you get them with TLOD 100, what I said is you don't see them with TLOD 100 when you spawn on RNW 26. That's why F1fan thought he didn't have them. As you move closer to them as in the position you are on those screenshots you will see them. 😉

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

57 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Of course you get them with TLOD 100, what I said is you don't see them with TLOD 100 when you spawn on RNW 26.

Ah, got it. Well they’re gone now thanks to @Bad_T 👍

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

FSKmMoR.jpg
iwuNmS6.jpg 

Not to go off topic, but is it true the REX weather system cures the issue or perpetual winter in the northern latitudes? By that, I mean using live weather.

25 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Not to go off topic, but is it true the REX weather system cures the issue or perpetual winter in the northern latitudes? By that, I mean using live weather.

Not sure. But IIRC every time I’ve visited Juneau and Bella Coola with default weather there’s been snow everywhere. Just finished a flight between these two places with REX and didn’t have perpetual winter. I did however fly in icing conditions most of the flight (HJet 10,000’).

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Not sure. But IIRC every time I’ve visited Juneau and Bella Coola with default weather there’s been snow everywhere. Just finished a flight between these two places with REX and didn’t have perpetual winter.

And that's using the REX live weather option?

Just now, Boeing_Driver said:

And that's using the REX live weather option?

Yup. 

• Like 1

I also have seen better result with REX regarding snow compared to the default weather and that's pretty much why i bought it hoping it would fix the snow. But on the other side i think the cloud coverage is so much better with the default weather (not sure, maybe some settings i need to tweak in rex or maybe just not the good looking weather when rex was launched) ...  Would i recommend it, i honestly don't know, i probably I wouldn't unless the snow really bothers you (it does bother me tbh) because i think it's missing a bit of features (some because msfs just not allow it like smooth transitions and that's not the fault of rex), i just use REX in winter when i see the 'snow bug feature' but otherwise i prefer the in-sim weather, also a bit sad that they never implemented the historical weather that was announced as possible feature since day 1 (but it's been almost 2 years now). Just my personal opionion though, too bad those soft do not offer some sort of trial period for those who can't really squash money at will.

(hopefully no mods reads as we're gone bit south of the the original topic 🙃🙈🍻)

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

But on the other side i think the cloud coverage is so much better with the default weather

Yeah, both have their advantages/disadvantages. Very easy to switch between them though. As we now indeed have gone off topic, I’ll just post a link to a recent REX WF thread where it’s possible to continue the discussion.

• Like 1

How tall are those terrain spikes?  Did anyone fly above them?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

How tall are those terrain spikes?  Did anyone fly above them?

Hi, I did this morning and they’re around 1000 feet?  Maybe more?  And despite crash detection off I flew into one and my C310 hit it hard and spun out of control.  So I guess someone could land a chopper on one.  🙂 

• Like 3

Jack Sawyer