Sign in to follow this  
Noel

PMDG 738 SWA Livery: bad news performance

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I am using Win 10 is there an issue w/ Win 10 and Experience do you know?  Thanks!

Definitely W11, not sure about W10.  I believe W10 also had a 22H2 update or something like it didn't it? 
It might have contained similar code to W11 that has affected the Nvidia experience app.

The only way to ensure it isn't this is to either make sure Nvidia experience isn't installed with your driver, or update Nvidia experience to the new beta. 
I still install it as it is by far the best for recording videos on my PC, plus there are the filter options for those who don't like ReShade etc. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Well, I've started now w/ uninstalling MSFS after backing up the Community Folder.  Could well be something is off with Win 10 I don't really have a clue everything else runs normally so best start w/ MSFS, but I do have a sinking feeling this ritual may not help.  I've pretty much ruled out NV driver issues I'm pretty sure.  I've had virtually flawless performance forever so it's time to pay my dues I guess.  I must say I do love how simple reinstallation of MSFS really is:  click update, then walk away for what maybe 4 hours, return, click a few more boxes to add in various WU etc, and that's it.

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I hope you sort it Noel, but like you say, I suspect it may be something small that has changed causing your issues.  I know finding it can be a nightmare!

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Well that didn't help in fact if anything it was worse!  It's time to do the big reinstall so I think I will start w/ Win 10 then before adding anything do the update to Win 11 and go from there. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I suspect it may be something small

I think MarcG described what probably killed me:  most recent Bijan's seasons package.  He said he had severe FPS impact with it in the SU10 beta.  I didn't do the beta and it's plausible it was after I installed that that things went south--I just forgot! 

• Like 1

Noel

3 hours ago, Noel said:

I think MarcG described what probably killed me:  most recent Bijan's seasons package.  He said he had severe FPS impact with it in the SU10 beta.  I didn't do the beta and it's plausible it was after I installed that that things went south--I just forgot! 

Yes, the REX tree package had a similar problem I believe (REX AccuSeason), but they found it and updated it quite quickly, so no problem now. 
Looks like Asobo changed something to do with the trees in SU10.  I hope disabling the Bijan trees fixes it for you.

I did the big reinstall (Win 10 & MSFS w/ all it's support addons, which fortunately isn't many, for me!  All's well now fortunately, or should I say, of course ;o)  Dunno if Bijan's was a factor but I have to think it must have been.  I will add them back to the Comm Folder in due time to see if that was it.  I was okay doing a complete reformat/resinstall of Win 10 it had been about 1.5 since the last install.

Noel