Sign in to follow this  
Guest jstevens

Feelthere/Wilco

Guest jstevens

I recently added the Citationx purchased from wilco to my fsx collection. I got this within days of it's release, and found that it kept closing down fsx. I use vista 64 system so thought that it could be a vista issue and would wait for the patch, well still no patch so I contacted feelthere support to be told that "While we are planning to work with Vista in the future we are not sure if we will switch to 64 bit" Great! so I asked why the fsx community had not been informed, and they replied "We could not warned you since we don't sell the product. Wilco Publishing who does has a system requirement on their sales page" Helpfull!! I am sure not saying that there was an issue with Vista not when I got it..So off to Willco and guess what "We are stating on the product pages that we are 32 bits compatible. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be pleased to help you" Help! perhaps on how to send the whole package to my recycle bin. Customer service? no more Wilco or feelthere products for me....

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. You bought a program that wasn't advertised to work with your system and now you're complaining that it doesn't work?

Guest jstevens

No at the time it was not advertised!!

Your problem is with Vista 64.Have you tried running FSX in Administrator mode? Have you turned OFF UAC for all the folders to which FSX is installed?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jstevens

Yes I have tried everything thanks, and feelthere have already told me that it is a vista issue and that they are not sure if they even intend to support a 64bit operating system but will continue to look at the Vista issues.

>No at the time it was not advertised!!So they originally said it was compatible with Vista 64 bit as well as XP? If that is the case should you not get a refund?

Guest iwantmydc3

Yeah I saw the FSX files were out on AVSIM, and got all excited and ready to buy it (I would really like a Citation) then happened to notice on Wilco's page, down on the left, something that said something like "there are reported problems with Vista, and we are working on that." OK, then I guess I'm "working on" getting that $39 together, bubba. After I FINALLY upgraded to Vista oh well...........>I recently added the Citationx purchased from wilco to my fsx>collection. I got this within days of it's release, and found>that it kept closing down fsx. I use vista 64 system so>thought that it could be a vista issue and would wait for the>patch, well still no patch so I contacted feelthere support to>be told that "While we are planning to work with Vista in the>future we are not sure if we will switch to 64 bit" Great! so>I asked why the fsx community had not been informed, and they>replied "We could not warned you since we don't sell the>product. Wilco Publishing who does has a system requirement on>their sales page" Helpfull!! I am sure not saying that there>was an issue with Vista not when I got it..>So off to Willco and guess what "We are stating on the product>pages that we are 32 bits compatible. Please let me know if>you have any other questions, I'll be pleased to help you">Help! perhaps on how to send the whole package to my recycle>bin. Customer service? no more Wilco or feelthere products for>me....

Guest jstevens

Eaglesoft's CitationX looks well worth waiting for..