Sign in to follow this  
RelaxX

I get HTTP ERROR 404 from Edge when calling pmdg737fmc

Hello

I get HTTP ERROR 404 from Edge when calling pmdg737fmc

Today I installed the latest version (demo) of Axis and Ohs.

Then I installed and configured the latest version of pmdg737fmc exactly according to the documentation. Everything looks fine. PMDG 737-800 is recognized. 2 scripts are there. 

Finally, when I call http://localhost:9080/webapi/pmdg737fmc/index.html I get HTTP ERROR 404 from Edge.

How can this be fixed?

Best regards from RelaxX

404 is a missing file, right?

Make sure

• that the fmc files are in the correct spot (Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\WebPages\pmdg737fmc\index.html),
  • that AAO is started "As Administrator",
  • that the WebAPI has been enabled in the "Tools" menu
  • and that port 9080 is actually available on your computer. If everything else checks out, this will be the problem, and you will have to change the WebAPI Port in AAO (for example to 6080 instead of 9080).

LORBY-SI

Thank you very much.

404 is not a missing file, it’s a response from the EDGE browser that a connection to http://localhost:9080/.... is not possible

·       pmdg737fmc\index.html     This was automatically installed in Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\pmdg737fmc\index.html       Folder WebPages is empty   

·       that AAO is started "As Administrator",  yes it is

·       that the WebAPI has been enabled in the "Tools" menu  yes it is

·       and that port 9080 is actually available on your computer.    How can I very this?

Best regards from RelaxX

28 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

pmdg737fmc\index.html     This was automatically installed in Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\pmdg737fmc\index.html       Folder WebPages is empty   

The FMC that I made doesn't have an installer, it is just a ZIP file. It does not install automatically anywhere. Not sure what you are using there, there are a couple of FMC clones around, made by different authors.
All AAO web pages must be saved into \WebPages\ - as I wrote above.

28 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

How can I very this?

By trying to call up the correctly installed webpage (yours is not). If you get an error, change the port in AAO and the URL.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

35 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

404 is not a missing file, it’s a response from the EDGE browser that a connection to http://localhost:9080/.... is not possible

No, 404 it definitely is a missing file on the webserver. It usually means that you are trying to access a non-existing html/etc. file on a running server. In this case, because it has not been saved to the correct spot, the index.html cannot be found. So maybe you are in luck and 9080 works after all, once the files have been moved to the correct location.

Blocked port would probably be 400/401/ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED or thereabouts.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I extracted the ZIP-File to the right folder. I changed the port to 9780.

And then - Halleluya - it worked. I am very happy now.

Thanks a lot for your support. How can I make a donation?

Best regards from RelaxX

I just purchased LorbyAxisAndOhs MSFS from Simmarket.

I don't see how to convert the demo version into a payware version. I don't find any license number.

Kindly advise

Best regards from RelaxX

7 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

I just purchased LorbyAxisAndOhs MSFS from Simmarket.

I don't see how to convert the demo version into a payware version. I don't find any license number.

Kindly advise

You just install the retail AAO that you download from the shop. You don't have to uninstall the demo, the shop version is overwriting it. This is also how updates are distributed, you download the entire thing again from the shop and install it.

LORBY-SI

My second screen with the FMC is on the left of the sim screen. The FMC is shown left flush on the website. Is there an option to display it right flush? That would be great.

Best regards from RelaxX

1 hour ago, RelaxX said:

My second screen with the FMC is on the left of the sim screen. The FMC is shown left flush on the website. Is there an option to display it right flush? That would be great.

Put the FMC in its own browser window, switch that to windowed mode instead of full screen, make that browser window just the size of the FMC and then move the entire window to the right? 

But you can alter the HTML and CSS in any way you like too, and use different styles etc (\Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\WebPages\pmdg737fmc\)
Unfortunately the FMC page has a lot of individual controls on it, and I think that adjusting the position of the assets will be A LOT of work. But I'm no HTML/CSS wizard, there may be other options.

There are also alternatives, other people have made FMCs for AAO as well. Those may be more suitable/powerful. Check the flightsim to site, I think that I saw at least one there.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI