iFlySimX

IniBuilds Los Angeles - Bad Performance

Hello all! 

Anyone else getting a LOT of stutters and very bad performance with KLAX? Not getting this much stutters/bad performance with any other major add-on airports. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

After doing some FPS/stutter hunting the culprit is the main terminal area of course.😛

6l6ZLOH.png

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

That's why I didn't jump on this. Just like their Heathrow, it's a beautiful job but the performance is brutal.

NAX669.png

2 minutes ago, mwilk said:

That's why I didn't jump on this. Just like their Heathrow, it's a beautiful job but the performance is brutal.

Honestly it's not THAT beautiful....

• Like 2

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 minute ago, mwilk said:

Yea I'll just give them some time for further improvements.

Inibuilds are pretty good about listening to us and implementing update/patches.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

stutters all over airport.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

My performance is amazing here. No stutters or low FPS drops. 

Did you uninstall the asobo Lax ?

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Surprisingly (for me)...the performance is not bad.  For reference:

• 10700K not OC'd...rus at about 4.8g on all cores (HT on)
  • just updated from a 2070 to 3060ti (that certainly helped, as will the 3090 I will install soon)
  • 32gb normal speed ram
  • Have FSLTL installed...50 IFR flightplans injected from flightradar24
  • modest settings (I've always tuned my settings to my system specs...very few things on ultra, grass and trees on low for instance

There is initial stutters as everything loads in, but once it does, and I'm not droning at 1000mph and making normal turns in my aircraft, I get 30 frames (locked) and reasonably smooth...even with all the traffic you see in the pic below.  I did just resize all my AI aircraft that were at 4096 down to 2048, and I think that surely helps, but no real complaints with this complexity and ai loading. 

It's not butter smooth, but a trick I use is resize the window a bit smaller when I'm at KLAX and that smooths it out much more....after you depart and i'm a few miles away...back to full screen and all is very smooth.
There is a TON of ground equipment that loads in as you get near it throughout all the gates...that is distracting, I think its too much and all those 3d models may be causing a lot of issues for folks...maybe we get a setting to turn it of or at least down?

PhY5PK.png

I hope everyone who's struggling with this airport gets it worked out....as one of my favorite airports, I'm thoroughly enjoying the inibuilds version.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

34 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Did you uninstall the asobo Lax ?

Yep,

My approach and landing to 25L with the Fenix A320 was surprisingly smooth but like Steve mentioned above, once I turned off the runway there were definitely some stutters.  I attributed most of it to the AI aircraft (FSLTL) but could also be all of the ground clutter/equipment loading in.  My first test without AI was pretty stutter-free and smoother. Looking towards the terminal area seems to be the worst which makes sense.  I am still pleasantly surprised given how the LA area is pretty dense and can be demanding on your hardware.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I cant say I'm having any worse performance than the Asobo default.  I do have a high end rig (12900KF and 3090) so there is a lot of head room there, but I have to say I love the new release.  LAX is my home airport and they have done an incredible job of getting the details right.  Its also nice to have the correct airlines at all of the terminals with FSTL.

Now if only Asobo could work on the AI logic and/or provide 3PDs the ability to code logic for runway actives so the departing flights use 24L and 25R (except for cargo from the south facilities popping onto 25L) with arrivals assigned to 24R/25L.  Do that and we'll have entered a new era for MSFS 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I did just resize all my AI aircraft that were at 4096 down to 2048, and I think that surely helps

How exactly do you do this? Or is there a simple file you could share? I’d love to take advantage of any frame savings I can get to be able to enjoy these kinds of sceneries and stuff. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

23 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

How exactly do you do this? Or is there a simple file you could share? I’d love to take advantage of any frame savings I can get to be able to enjoy these kinds of sceneries and stuff. 

Unfortunately not a simple task.  As you may be aware, I paint liveries, so I'm knowledgeable on many things graphics related.  I'm competent in Photoshop and use it and a Nvidia plugin that deals with the DDS file format with aplomb. 

However....even though the steps are easy with the tools I use, there were several hundred (800ish I believe) that were in 4096 format (4k as its commonly referred to, but not exactly accurate), and even four 8K (8192) 767 freighters in the mix.  

2 challenges:

1. All the DDS files you need to modify are in discrete sub folders, so its not easy to access them all in one window.  I resolved that by getting a freeware file management app that did the job (got them in all one window), and knowing all 4k files were 23mb each (and the largest in the sub texture folder(s) except for the 8ks I took care of manually), I just sorted my single windowed list of all DDS files by file size, and the 4k (23mb's) all floated to the top.  Then I grabbed them in lots of 10 or so and dragged them into Photoshop.
  2. The next challenge is that you have to hit resize (shortcut CTRL+ALT+I...then type in 50% (4096/2=2048), hit Enter, then save.  That can get really tedious with 800 to do, LOL.   When you have the DDS plugin, the save command (CTRL+S naturally) brings up a sub window then you click OK.   I never created a macro/batch command in PS before so I thought it was high time I learn.  That part was easy, the bad part is the save command that opens the DDS plugin menu can't be read by the macro.  So I did have to click Save each time the window appeared, but that was not too bad vs manually resizing/saving/closing...the macro was able to hit the close function so I didn't have to do that either.  There was probably a better way to do it in PS if one had the macro/batch skills, but that's not my area of expertise. 

Sadly I can't redistribute them as that would be a direct copyright violation....

I fear with all the bad press lately about copyrighted ai traffic files from various groups that the only solution is going to be each simmer who chooses to optimize will have to do it themselves.

I understand there are tools out that can batch convert, but I've heard some folks running into issues with file format and having black aircraft as the tool couldn't handle some of the finickily DDS files.

I'd love to redistribute the files but I can't, maybe the devs will do something to resolve this.  If I get approached by them and they have the sufficient rights to distribute size-altered AI planes, I'll happily send them my files to share, but I can't release them on my own.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I would be willing to bet that 99.99% of users having issues have their TLOD set to more than 100.  That will for sure, no questions asked, cause stutters ANYWHERE in the sim.  KLAX is smack in the middle of an unoptimized PG area as well.

VRAM on the other hand might be an issue for users with less than 11, but that's with anything nowadays. 

Also, if you're on DX12/DLSS (quality), people might consider using/going back to the studio driver.  It seems to still work better than the new game ready driver for some folks.

Just some thoughts as I haven't read through everyone's posts.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

10 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Sadly I can't redistribute them as that would be a direct copyright violation....

I fear with all the bad press lately about copyrighted ai traffic files from various groups that the only solution is going to be each simmer who chooses to optimize will have to do it themselves.

I understand there are tools out that can batch convert, but I've heard some folks running into issues with file format and having black aircraft as the tool couldn't handle some of the finickily DDS files.

I'd love to redistribute the files but I can't, maybe the devs will do something to resolve this.  If I get approached by them and they have the sufficient rights to distribute size-altered AI planes, I'll happily send them my files to share, but I can't release them on my own.

Whilst I do greatly appreciate all the hard work AI model designers and livery painters (like yourself) put into their work, I really do wish there could be some more open collaboration and less open competition or back and forth about copyright or what is appropriate use and what isn't. 

The battle should be with Asobo to open up and improve the AI system. That might be easier if we didn't have to second guess ourselves about resizing something as simple as a texture. Doing so doesn't take anything away from the model designer or painter....IMHO anyway.

• Like 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs