iFlySimX

IniBuilds Los Angeles - Bad Performance

Yikes…I just realized I forgot to disable the Asobo KLAX and EGLL.  I’m not sure if the Asobo airport would be rendering underneath the Inibuilds version or not (didn’t notice anything visually) but perhaps that contributes to the performance challenges I have at KLAX.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm probably not going to buy anymore from inibuilds.  Their product is inconsistent.  For instance take Fly Tampa Boston or Toronto.  Big Airports, FULLY modeled realistic high detailed interiors, great performance, 2.X GB on my hard drive.  

I have inibuilds EGLL, KLAX and KDTW.   

In all of them the file sizes are ridiculous, KLAX is almost 6GB,  Some interiors are modeled well but then they use really bad texture low res parallax texturing on the "minor terminals" that really ruin the experience.  Lots of inaccuracies on all the sceneries.  Lots of areas where they phoned it in and said eh no one will see that. To me they have subpar texturing, performance is poor and stuttery compared to other airports of size.  

For instance,  In DTW they modeled the McNamara terminal nicely but when it came to the Evans terminal they just used bad parallax low res texturing on the airside, but for some reason they did a detail model of the departure hall.  Why?  Why did they model the departure hall in cray detail and then make the part you actually see look like FS9?   Same with KLAX.  I fly Southwest and American mostly.  They did a great job on the TBIT, but then all the other terminals have that same low res parallax texturing that is really low res and ugly.  

Performance is acceptable, but I think their ground clutter everyone raves about it heavily contributing to the marginal performance.   

In this DTW evans terminal snap you can see the shimmer of the ground goes through the base of the gate, and that snow is not falling in front of the terminal, that's on top of the ugly unrealistic texturing. 

spacer.png

In LAX the texturing is even worse. None of this work say high level to me.  

spacer.png

Terminal 1 looks especially bad at night.  The terminal is modeled inaccurately.  The interior has an angled roof, the terminal is cold and dark.  there should be blazing orange lights under the overhang,  the lighting on the ramp is poor.  There should be a large array of lights at this position illuminating the ramp.  The gates are wrong an wierdly reflective.

spacer.png

It is better than stock Asobo, and Feel There, but I feel like Inibuilds is getting a reputation for making amazing sceneries when it just is not true.  To me it is not a top tier developer.   

• Like 1

Well said. I have KSAT- NZQN-KLAX and KDTW...all of which cause stutters or pauses especially when landing. Recent updates have not changed anything  performance wise. Would gladly accept a refund if that was possible. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 9:12 PM, regis9 said:

Yikes…I just realized I forgot to disable the Asobo KLAX and EGLL.  I’m not sure if the Asobo airport would be rendering underneath the Inibuilds version or not (didn’t notice anything visually) but perhaps that contributes to the performance challenges I have at KLAX.

You should disable another one manually. You can use add on linker to find duplicate airports and then disable them at msfs contents menu or directly delete them at add on linker depends on scenery. 

Uygar

Best Regards

similar perf hit landing facing west, fps around threshold drops to 8 or so and after rolling out and terminals not in view, it recovers to 30 or so.  happened twice so far. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, spitzer said:

You should disable another one manually. You can use add on linker to find duplicate airports and then disable them at msfs contents menu or directly delete them at add on linker depends on scenery. 

Thanks, turns out I was wrong (partially) as the airports were in fact disabled.  I assume the inibuilds installer must have done this for me.

Thanks for the tip on using addon linker to look for duplicates, seems like a good thing to check every once and a while.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I had been having issues with the IniBuilds KLAX as well - it turning into a slideshow when landing with the Fenix A320.

I then saw in this thread about removing the default Asobo KLAX airport via content manager. I had not done that, so I removed it and last night flew CYVR - KLAX in the IniBuilds A310. I did not experience any stutters or pauses on final or while landing on 24L.

Still not sure if removing the default KLAX solved the issue or whether I just got lucky on this particular flight 😉

• Upvote 1

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

On 12/22/2022 at 8:34 AM, regis9 said:

Having said that, once I dropped my road traffic and terrain LOD down the stutters did show a lot of improvement so I think the general density of photogrammetry and traffic in the LA area are also a culprit.

The road traffic did the trick for me.  Bumped my TLOD back up to 180 and still good.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Anyone get performance improvements? Flew into LAX and man it was still bad with the latest update. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Nope, still horrible performance for me even with an RTX4080 and frame generation on. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

KLAX is actually my best performing Inibuilds Big hub, much better than KJFK or EGLL. No idea why, in P3D Los Angeles was always the worst area (together with Boston for some reason).

• Like 1

I posted in their forum on Discord and no reply...

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Performance absolutely tanks on any west facing takeoff/landing with this particular scenery.

The fact that I was still even actually able to take off in VR is still very impressive of this sim performance wise, if you can successfully climb out of the inibuilds KLAX FPS crawl area in VR much more stable performance will return once about 2 miles out westward.😂

This is why I feel it's is something that is fixable by Inibuilds optimization wise.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 12/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, MDFlier said:

The road traffic did the trick for me.  Bumped my TLOD back up to 180 and still good.

Interesting note about road traffic, perhaps I should try it as well. 

PS. RTX9090 won't help you guys. Many sceneries are still CPU-depended, so learn how to oc your CPU to 5.5-5.6

Indeed I have road traffic set to something very low (10?), too. Maybe that's the common denominator.