Sign in to follow this  
darshonaut

Just Flight develops 747 classic and A300 for MSFS

has this been posted already ?

https://www.justflight.com/articles/p3d-development-halted-for-our-747-classic-and-a300b4200

P3D development halted for our 747 Classic and A300B4-200 - New versions for Microsoft Flight Simulator planned!

4 October 2022

It’s with a great deal of regret that we have taken the tough decision not to proceed with any further development of both the 747 Classic and A300B4-200 for Prepar3D.

We appreciate that this will be disappointing for those of you who are still flying in P3D and have been looking forward to a study-level airliner, but the drastically reduced number of P3D users since the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator sadly makes further development of the 747 and A300 for P3D an unviable proposition for us.

We are, however, working to release both aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator, taking full advantage of all the latest features offered by this new platform. We'll bring you some firmer details about a development schedule in due course.

We thank you all for your patience and understanding and our sincere apologies to all of you who were looking forward to flying these airliners in P3D.

• Like 10

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

Smart business decision. The ESP market just isn't profitable anymore. Just Flight are good people and I know they didn't decide this with ease.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

9 minutes ago, styckx said:

Smart business decision. The ESP market just isn't profitable anymore. Just Flight are good people and I know they didn't decide this with ease.

Indeed, wonder who's next? FSLabs?

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The 3rd party devs are going to go where the money is.  They also have to pay their bills, pay the rent, and put food on the table for their family.

In any case, this is good new for MSFS. I look forward to Just Flight's 747 Classic and A300B4-200 for MSFS.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

FSLabs already announced they are bringing their lineup to MSFS, including their A320, A330, and Concorde (I question their decision to bring the A320 to MSFS with the Fenix A320 and FBW A320 already competing against it, but whatever).

FSLabs did not announce they are stopping new products for the P3D home market though, so that is a bit of difference between Just Flight and FSLabs. To be honest though, I think market conditions will force FSLabs to abandon new products for the P3D home consumer market at some point, and if FSLabs still wants to be relevant in the home consumer market for flight simulation, they will be forced to prioritize MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank

Just now, SierraDelta said:

It's crazy. And I'm not trying to make this a "my sim is better than yours" topic. But.. It's really crazy. There was the FSX is king era. Then Prepar3D came along and kind of put FSX in its place a bit. Then X-Plane started gaining steam.. All three very marketable and profitable from a 3rd party perspective.

The MSFS 2020 just came as a tsunami and changed the entire playing field.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

3 minutes ago, styckx said:

As with most tsunamis, the impact could have been mitigated if the playing field had been prepared (hehe) for a tsunami. But it wasn't and now we're witnessing the inevitable. Markets are unforgiving.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

6 minutes ago, styckx said:

It's crazy. And I'm not trying to make this a "my sim is better than yours" topic. But.. It's really crazy. There was the FSX is king era. Then Prepar3D came along and kind of put FSX in its place a bit. Then X-Plane started gaining steam.. All three very marketable and profitable from a 3rd party perspective.

That’s the power of the Microsoft brand. Plus all the additional resources available to them. P3D / X-Plane was just a stop gap until Microsoft returned to the FS community.  

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

6 minutes ago, rka said:

As with most tsunamis, the impact could have been mitigated if the playing field had been prepared (hehe) for a tsunami. But it wasn't and now we're witnessing the inevitable. Markets are unforgiving.

Both LM and LR had 10 years to prepare for something like MSFS to come. 10 years is an awful long time, IMO.

4 minutes ago, pommy80 said:

That’s the power of the Microsoft brand.

Not always. They tried taking the shortcut of appealing to casuals at one point with MS Flight. While great for the very walled garden simulator it was it had the exact opposite affect they were hoping for

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Both LM and LR had 10 years to prepare for something like MSFS to come. 10 years is an awful long time, IMO.

The XP forum begs to differ 😉

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

23 minutes ago, styckx said:

I think it's a matter of time until the XP 3rd party devs abandon XP for MSFS, with XP 12's very poor reception:

hduio43.png

And for those who claim that most XP users bought XP 12 from x-plane.com directly and not through Steam, what matters here is comparing the scale of numbers here.  Assuming more people also bought XP 11 from x-plane.com directly if you go by that same logic that more XP users buy from x-plane.com than Steam, it's how much more smaller the XP 12 numbers are compared to XP 11 on Steam (also, many MSFS users by MSFS via the Microsoft Store).

I think within the next 2 years, we will see major 3rd party devs from XP, move to MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rka said:

The XP forum begs to differ 😉

As a former XP user and fan, the only thing that kept it afloat was 3rd party excruciating means to install Ortho. Even Orbx couldn't prop it up when they decided to actually support the simulator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Great, hope them have at least a screen for the FMS path, not like the BAE146 that still nowadays unrealistically does not have and it is not planned, I regret to buy the 146 by that, for me it is not from a serious addon company nor "study level", a shame.

11 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I think it's a matter of time until the XP 3rd party devs abandon XP for MSFS, with XP 12's very poor reception:

They have some very talented 3rd party developers (for XP) too. The Reality Expansion Packs from SimCoders were amazing and easily the closest thing to study level GA aircraft to this day in any simulator.

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1