Sign in to follow this  
Guest l2005ynx

View change problem-again

Guest l2005ynx

Hi,Im having problems with fsx crashing when cycling through views. I remember having this same problem before and it seemed to be when pressing s and going past the nearest tower view option this was when it would crash. Now im sure there is a way to take out the nearest tower view when pressing s so that it doesn't display, but for the life of me i cant remember how to do it. Ive searched high and low on here but cant find anything. Maybe someone can remember and remind me. I think i have to change something in the cfg file but not to sure what. Many thanks for any help.Gary

Guest PhilC

I think it is just an issue of removing the offending Camera Definition in the cameras.cfg file and renumbering the remaining ones in sequence. The cameras.cfg file is in FSX's main folder.Either make a backup or use leading // marks at the beginning of each line that you want to remove to comment them out.

Or just add a line in the cameras.cfg file to remove it from the cycle when "S" is pressed.[CameraDefinition.007]Title = Nearest TowerGuid = {60BC0819-BD04-4AF6-8954-8FC8AA3545FF}Description = This is the description of the tower view.Origin = TowerSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 8.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = FALSETransition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = TowerClipMode = TowerNoSortTitle = TrueCycleHidden=YesJust add the bottom line, CycleHidden=YesPhill

Guest PhilC

Good one to know, Phill. Thanks.

Guest l2005ynx

Hi, Many thanks guys I managed to get rid of the view but unfortuantely I still have the ctd problem. Oh well back to the drawing board.