Sign in to follow this  
Rene777

Sim freezing is back...

Hello everybody,

Few days ago I downloaded SU10 and it worked fine.  No improvements though, but fine.

A few days later I started msfs and it checked for updates and there was a minor update again. About 500 mb or so. And now when I set up a flight it loads everything,  you see the overview and have to press " ready to fly". But then the sim freezes and nothing happens and escape doesn't work. I have to end msfs via task manager. Anybody have the same? Can the update be undone ?

Thnx

Edited by Rene777

First thing to do is always to empty the community folder and check if you still have the problem. 

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have never done that before and everything worked just fine.

But now I gave that a try and renamed my community folder and it actualy did not freeze. But then what to do ?

Because when I put it back it freezes again...

15 minutes ago, Rene777 said:

But then what to do ?

Put back half your Community addons and test. Then do the same with the other half. You will now hopefully have eliminated 50% of your addons as the problem. Repeat the process the the problem 50% to half again. And again. You will soon find the problem addon. Probably something not compatible with SU10, maybe even WU11.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just put 5 add-ons at a time back into the newly created c-folder, when the sim freezes again you have only 5 to find out about the bad one.

Good luck Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

Thnx for the reactions.

I'll give it a try. Although I only have pmdg and flybywire 320. 

I narrowed it down to a single addon but I cant remember which one it was. I think it was something to do with Vancouver so if you have anything Vancouver scenery installed try that first. NOT FSDT CYVR. It definitely wasn't that. It might have been the downtown HD scenery or the bridges.

Thnx for your answer. 

My bad, I installed fsltl and forgot I had Aeosoft simple traffic. But turnend off in settings. That's why I forgt about it.

Sorry folks..