Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Beta 6.

I'm, again 😞 , away from my simming puter but a friend who I asked to fill a ticket because his Notebook Pro was permanently crashing with XP12 just told me it is now fixed !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is there a ballpark ETA on when the beta will turn into a Release Candidate?

Replies akin to "It'll be done when it's done" aren't all that welcome and are moronic, to boot.

I am just looking for a time-frame when I might be able to try a mostly bug-squashed demo of the new sim.

ETA: I know what betas are, and what they are like. I've owned and flown MSFS since Day 0, Hour 0 and there have been plenty of frustrations, especially when many in the MSFS community know the sim was released too early and that we customers were paying beta customers. Not a good feel, that.

Edited by OlliePen

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

59 minutes ago, OlliePen said:

Replies akin to "It'll be done when it's done" aren't all that welcome and are moronic, to boot.

I am just looking for a time-frame when I might be able to try a mostly bug-squashed demo of the new sim.

ETA: I know what betas are, and what they are like. I've owned and flown MSFS since Day 0, Hour 0 and there have been plenty of frustrations, especially when many in the MSFS community know the sim was released too early and that we customers were paying beta customers. Not a good feel, that.

A ballpark quess would be between 3 and 6 months of beta testing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, OlliePen said:

No one really knows for sure when a release candidate will appear. However the list of known bug are getting shorter. Once we start seeing the following list get tackle and get a good percentages competed:

• Incomplete or missing features in Alpha/Early Access:
    • Master-external visual networking
    • New XPLM APIs
    • Airbus A330 FMC
  • In progress features:
    • Tuning lighting & fog
    • LIT textures
    • Performance
    • VR holodeck lighting
    • Far trees don’t look great
    • Better cloud shapes, especially cirrus
    • Performance tuning
  • XPD-11214 Plane Maker CG/Lights/Tanks Position Markers Not Visible.
  • XPD-12826 Joystick axis mapping symbols are missing.
  • XPD-12879 Wake turbulence broken for 3rd party integrations.

Then we will have a better idea as to when we will see a release candidate. But it will all be based on any satisfactory results once to performance tuning is done and they feel comforable on such a release.

I agree with Randall a good 3 to 6 mos.

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

There are quite a bit of undocumented changes in this beta. A user at the org has posted a log of all the changes/tweaks that were made. They have tweaked shaders, hdr/deferred renderer, clouds, lighting and some other stuff. Users are reporting much improved lighting and clouds.

• Upvote 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Hi,

Networking is still broken, was told it should be fixed in b7. 

• Like 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Checking out a temp network fix file I received from Ben today. Looks like the networking issue is fixed and will be included in beta 7. Glad to have my network back, now to move up the other computers from beta4!

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

On 10/6/2022 at 12:15 AM, jcomm said:

I'm, again 😞 , away from my simming puter but a friend who I asked to fill a ticket because his Notebook Pro was permanently crashing with XP12 just told me it is now fixed !

Yup, seems more stable since the update.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, OlliePen said:

There is zero risk involved in simply downloading the demo and the 10 to 12 GB of data and give it a try. If it doesn't suit your taste, simply select the installation folder and press Shift+Del, wait a few months and try again.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Not nearly as moronic as expecting a time frame to fix things no one even knows need fixing yet, on top of all the things everyone knows does.

next beta will be in a couple of weeks if this one doesn't float your boat, if you find something really important broken they send you intermediate builds while they try and fix it (see networked visuals above). 

For me personally, its practically perfect in every way, lightyears ahead of anything I can get in XP11

1BLy1gT.png

perf, lighting,visuals, flightmodel - I don't really have a single complaint atm, the one complaint I did have (XPD-11803, for the 744) was fixed in Beta 5.

For others, its not usable yet

• Like 4

AutoATC Developer

They need to fix the 2x MSAA, its still broken in windows. It works fine in Linux. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar