Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

Wilco/FeelThere Citation X - throttle problems

I made a sort of an impulse purchase last night, given my thirst for an FS-X compliant bizjet, and bought the Wilco C-X that was mentioned on Avsim's front page.I have spent about two hours with the sim - I haven't gone through the documentation rigorously, but nonetheless I'm having a problem with the jet that I am convinced is not a result of not having RTFM'd, and also I haven't found mention of anywhere else (and btw the Wilco/FeelThere support forums are at least a bit sparse on this product).I have already filed a support request with Wilco, but in the meantime I'm curious as to whether anyone else who has purchased this product is having uncommanded throttle movements.Essentially, once I have push the throttles forward, they continue to move to "full thrust", and subsequent over-temping N2, etc. Since the C-X apparently does not have autothrottle capability, I am baffled as to why this is happening.As far as I know I have the latest version of the aircraft's installer, and have FS-X SP1 installed as well as the runtime C++ environment that the Wilco support site says I need. The latter doesn't make any difference.Right now I'm wishing that they'd spent less time rendering the buxom flight attendant, and more time on the technical details - but hopefully I will be corrected as to what I'm doing wrong in the airplane.TIA for any help, Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Following up to my own post - I received an answer overnight from Wilco, and they were spot on; I was processing my throttle axes in FSUIPC (for what I don't remember...). Disabling that makes everything work as expected.Dave

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

Guest bjablonka

So, I hope that everything is o.k. now and you don't mind that they modeled Jennifer:) I like her.

Glad it's fixed.What do you think of her? (yes - the aircraft, of course!! ;) )

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

re: Jennifer - I wonder how many FPS's I'm giving up to be able to see her augmented, uh, guns 8^) . I wish there was a switch to "turn her off", especially since at least thus far for me she's always standing just aft of the cockpit door, no matter what flight regime I'm in. She's blocking my view of the panel from the cabin!So far I am quite impressed. I had flown the Eaglesoft C-X for FS2004 a while ago, but of course that doesn't (yet) have an FMC so I thought I'd give this one a shot. So far, the systems emulation seems to be quite sophisticated.I'm getting ready to print out the manual now so that I can (attempt to) fly it the way it's supposed to be flown.Dave.

Use the Nocandy model, it eliminates her. As far as the X is concerned, after a shaky start it's a pretty fun plane to fly.I wanted to try out something complex to get my feet wet and despite the negativity surrounding wilco/feelthere support I've found I'm actually enjoying the X. I even purchased the 737 PIC for FSX and am impressed with the amount of system detail despite a few flaws here and there and the old style VC.Still, just ported over the carenado stationair II and gearing up to upgrade the real air citabria/decathlon/scout, but flying the jets has added another dimension to my simulation enjoyment.Ian.

Guest pdxbulldog

He Dave,Good to see your name popping around. I still have fond memories of the 777 ride we took in Denver. Hope things are going well for you.Colin

Hey Colin,Nice to hear from you too! I'll PM you with my email address.---Back to my latest round of issues with the C-X:1. my GoFlight MCP misbehaves when I enable it in the C-X setup utility - the LED displays sometimes stay off until I turn the associated knob, and then the display flashes constantly as the value is changed.2. I spent at least an hour trying to start the engines from Cold/Dark, and could not get going. Has anyone else gotten this to work? (I have stared at the checklist and associated startup text in the manual for quite a while now...)Any help is appreciated.Dave.

Hi Captain Dave!Make sure you have the Packs OFF and APU bleed open prior to attempting to start an engine. There should be three lights lit on the upper panel just prior to attempting an engine start. Both engine 1 and 2 packs should be off (lit). The APU must be running and the cross bleed valve open. That is the third light.Have fun.Bob..

>trying to start the engines from Cold/Darkstarting the CX engines:- batteries on- APU master on- APU Start- After READY TO LOAD light APU generator on- APU bleed on- BUS1, BUS2 press to NORM- Avionics switch on- Fuel cutoff 2 on- RH Engine starter on- Fuel cutoff 1 on- ISO VALVE on- LH Engine starter onsupport questions such as these are handled on the following FT forum -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks gentlemen I'll review your notes over the weekend. I *think* I've done all those things but maybe I misunderstood a switch position or something - e.g. ON vs. NORM.Also - I was not aware of the forum that Scoob pointed out - thanks much for that. cheers,Dave

Anyone have this A/C working in a Vista 64 environment? Whenever after loading and fooling around with this A/C and I exit FSX, I get the dreaded Flightism has encountered an error and has stopped running message. I've had this A/C almost 2 months and have not successfully flown it once. What other program/software must I have installed besides FSX and SP1?Wilbert