Sign in to follow this  
JGreen5278

Orbx PAC XTOL Released

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Interior looks very clean/ not worn.

Is it like that across all variants??

T45

I only had a chance to look at passenger variant so far. But based on store screenshot they all have the same look.

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Only had one short flight, overhead Rudder trim wheel is reversed left/right. Beta range seems to actually be reverse? works well though.
No idea how realistic it is, Ive never flown a turbine Aeroplane

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

My biggest disappointment is not completely implemented SANDEL. Half baked PFD, why? They could have stick with analog.

https://www.sandel.com/sn3500-3-ati-primary-navigation-display/

Does it show lpv glide path at least with the TDS?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Does it show lpv glide path at least with the TDS?

I have not tried instrument approaches yet. Frankly I'm kind of disappointed in PAC. Comparing with analog Caravan and Kodiak orbx kind of falls toward Carenado puppy mill. They could have made a bit more advanced. 

Wilga and King Air are my most anticipated GA now

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Tried to take it for a flight but gave up. Elevator trim using the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke keys and the Honeycomb Bravo trim wheel did not work. Moved a very short distance and was reversed. Looks like it will be a nice aircraft after a bit of work.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

I love it when Avsim saves me money 😁

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Not quite sure why there is such a downer on this plane?
 I can't find much to complain about. Sure, there are things that could be improved such as the sound and the EFB and no doubt there is the odd bug but that could be said about most of the planes when just released that I have bought. I am no RW pilot but to me it flies like a dream and has none of the weird behaviour that some have when taking off and landing. I would say it's a good product and well worth the money considering all the variants you get in the package. Crop spraying, Sky diving, Cargo and Passenger all modelled in detail.

• Like 1

It is just the usual spread of opinions and expectations of Avsim forum users.

The developers have already said they will be improving it as they go, including a custom sound set.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Anyone got to grips with the fuel system yet ?

From my understanding of the PoH the engine is ultimately fed from the front tanks via a sump and the the Fuel Pump pumps fuel from teh rear tanks into the front to keep them topped up but it only seems to feed from the left rear tank - is there a control I'm overlooking ?

Oh and I just checked an RNAV approach into EGBB and it looks to show vertical information on both the Sandel and the NAV2 Analogue OBS (it sems to be showing it on NAV 2 even when RNAV approach isn't loaded on GPS 2, but that seems better than not showing it on anything)

Edited by Matchstick

21 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

My biggest disappointment is not completely implemented SANDEL. Half baked PFD, why? They could have stick with analog.

https://www.sandel.com/sn3500-3-ati-primary-navigation-display/

Even in it's limited form the SANDEL shows A LOT more information than an analogue HSI so for me at least it's a better tool.

13 hours ago, dissy said:

Tried to take it for a flight but gave up. Elevator trim using the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke keys and the Honeycomb Bravo trim wheel did not work. Moved a very short distance and was reversed. Looks like it will be a nice aircraft after a bit of work.

Have you tried setting the trims manually yourself? Pretty easy to do. I have PFC gear & none of my controls are pre set so I use a combination on MSFS & FSUIPC to do so. 

This aircraft if great for flying into small PNG bush strips as it's easy to fly, very maneuverable & visibility is great. My favorite bush plane now. You're missing out by not flying it because of the trim issue. I assume Honeycomb gear is self programmable. 

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

5 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Even in it's limited form the SANDEL shows A LOT more information than an analogue HSI so for me at least it's a better tool.

Can you discuss the functionality a little more?  Can you display bearing needles from VOR1/2 or GPS/ADF?  Does it show lpv glide path using the GTN?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can set the elevator via keyboard links but I'd prefer to use the Honeycomb controls.

If you can walk away it's a good landing