Sign in to follow this  
basys

FSX Tool bar tasks just pause simulator

Guest djm_69

Hi to all you great oricles out there, I've got a problem. I orignally installed FSX with no probs other than the various glitches which are well known and of course the frame rates issue so I decided to uninstall it & stick with FS9 until a patch came along. Well now we have sp1 for it I decided to re-install and check out the improvements. But now when flying if I hit the escape button to end the flight it just pauses the sim. I then have to hit enter for the flight to end. Not much of a problem but still a pain as this is not supposed to happen and did not happen previously. But worse when I drop the task bar down during a flight and hit any of the tasks like settings, display, replay, change aircraft etc, again the sim just pauses. I have to hit ctl+alt+delete to enter windows task manager then double click on flight simulator FSX. It then works as it should do. This even happens when I hit the map button. Although I have discovered this long winded work around it is a right pain and not what is sposed to happen. Anyone out there got any ideas? I uninstalled both FSX and the service pack, then just installed FSX, same problem so it is nothing to do with the patch. Help!!!!!!!:-zhelp :-fume

Check out the "Minimizing FSX" thread in this forum. I think it discusses your problem.Bob..

Hi Folksdjm_69 -I also have this problem.It occurs when FSX is busy with pending tasks, and hasn't yet caught up.FSX has actually drawn the menu dialog behind the viewport.In your end flight example'End Flight' is the active button on the dialog,hence when you pressed enter,FSX ends the flight.Pressing ESC instead, (for all dialogs),will return you to a working FSX window.WorkaroundPause the sim before accessing a menu.Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 attempts before the dialog displays.If this is happening,recommend you wait a couple of seconds to allow FSX to catch up.It will occur less oftenif you reduce your slider settings.HTHATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpg

Guest djm_69

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply. I have found and read the thread and yes a lot of what is dicussed is similar to my issue but none of the suggestions have worked for me. I actually said the problem was with the task bar, this was a mistake, the problem is with the menu bar but I would imagine people reading my post would have realized that. It seems this is a fairly common issue. I am just amazed that nobody seems to have found the same problem that I have. Maybe they have but just live with it??? Oh well, hey ho. Roll on FSXI:-(

Guest djm_69

Hi Paul, Thanks for your reply. I tried your work arounds but unfortunately they dont work for me, when I press the escape key the sim just pauses and then un-pauses. The only way that I can enter any of the menu bar options is to hit ctl, alt delete. Then once in window task manager double click the sim program and voila I can enter the selected item. I then have to hit enter to return to the sim. Can't find any other way around it,