Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Still pretty dry out there

I am trying to find a nice multi engine GA plane for fsx and can't find one anywhere. The default fsx baron and king air are just too basic and i want something that is more realistic with working VC switches and better modeling. We are going on almost a year now that fsx has been out and still it is so dry out there for any addons, especially aircraft. Is there a nice baron or equivalent that anyone makes for fsx or am i going to have to just go back to fs2004 for my multi engine needs? Why are there still so few addons for this sim?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Well, Dave - have you looked at Eaglesoft's Citation II? I realize it's not a piston or turbo-prop, but it IS a GA twin. It came out a week or two ago, is fully controllable from the VC, with VERY good 2D functionality: the flight model is one of the best I have flown, comes with the Garmin 530 and a Sandel 3308 EHSI, with very well done, fully detailed manuals. In fact the nav equipment and manuals are worth the price of the package. I couldn't even spell "Navigator" before buying it: now I are one! :-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks but I am not interested in jets at all. I am looking for specifically GA multi props. :-beerchug________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

The FSD Seneca V is good. The frame rates are very good and the VC is usable via the change view buttons. Bob...

>Thanks but I am not interested in jets at all. I am looking>for specifically GA multi props. :-beerchugIn that case you might find some irony in the fact that I was never interested in jets either, until I started modeling them... :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can't help right now but we do have a Piper Twin Comanche and Diamond DA42 under development so you may want to take a look down the road a bit:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks Ron. I was reading plane and pilot this morning wishing that there was a DA42 out there for FSX. Perhaps my wish was granted! I will definitely watch for that one.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>The FSD Seneca V is good. The frame rates are very good and>the VC is usable via the change view buttons. >>Bob...Thanks Bob. I have never heard of those guys. Are their products good? I am looking for something that models systems well and has a fully controllable VC with accurate flight model. I don't want anything basic like the default fsx planes. These planes look exactly like what I am after but I am leery of buying them unless I know they do what I am looking for. Thanks for the link.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>>The FSD Seneca V is good. The frame rates are very good and>>the VC is usable via the change view buttons. >>>>>Thanks Bob. I have never heard of those guys. Are their>products good? I am looking for something that models systems>well and has a fully controllable VC with accurate flight>model. I don't want anything basic like the default fsx>planes. These planes look exactly like what I am after but I>am leery of buying them unless I know they do what I am>looking for. Thanks for the link.Just figure on the flight dynamics as being top notch. Of the handful of good flight programmers, FSD has always been one of them. Years and years of experience!L.Adamson

I am sure Ron will do a good job with both of those.Trivia question for you GA twin fans... who has done the most repaints for Flight1's 421 Golden Eagle?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Really good question here... For myself, I am looking for a light twin (prop) that has the simulated complexity and immersion levels of the Dornier-DO27 from Digital Aviation.This product, for us low and slow guys has been a real find and I hope developers bring out more like it.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

>I am sure Ron will do a good job with both of those.>>Trivia question for you GA twin fans... who has done the most>repaints for Flight1's 421 Golden Eagle?Zane, I didn't check but do remember doing a ton of repaints of the 421 and many were included on the 421 CD if I recall:-) Bob Hayes and Ed Knapp did quite a few as well:-)By the way, the FSD Navaho is an impressive twin.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Len

I know this might be a cross GA/commercial but what about PMDG's 1900 twin turboprop. It is fully functional in FSX as I've ported it over.

I have both the Navajo and Seneca V and the flight models are excellent. I prefer the Seneca for its ease of flying in and out of bush fields. I also think it is the later design of the two. FSD adopted the VC to the medium they were given by ACES. Specifically the VC textures are not the sharpest available but the benefit is I get the same VC performance with the Seneca as the default Maule. That means I can fly it from the VC.:) The gauge update rate is excellent in the VC. Bob....2d...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174835.jpgVC...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174836.jpg