Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Still pretty dry out there

>Really good question here... For myself, I am looking for a>light twin (prop) that has the simulated complexity and>immersion levels of the Dornier-DO27 from Digital Aviation.>>This product, for us low and slow guys has been a real find>and I hope developers bring out more like it.I only just discovered this one last weekend: haven't bought it yet but read a lof of reviews about it and I think I'm going to buy it today (even though I just bought the SF260 a short while ago...)! This indeed seems to be the most 'real as it gets' plane yet! And I even haven't flown it! But I also hope more detailed and realistic planes like this will appear (with all that shaking and moving and things you have to do to get it even started and things that can go wrong): I get the idea that as soon as I've flown it, all other planes will look rather dull and lifeless... I just love all those details. That kneeboard looks awesome too!

Take a look at Flight1's Cessna 441 Conquest. The FSX version looks and flys well. While I prefer piston twins this aircraft will do until the Duke is released.

>Can't help right now but we do have a Piper Twin Comanche and>Diamond DA42 under development so you may want to take a look>down the road a bit:-)Ouuuuu Twin Comanche! :) I almost bought a single Comanche once. I love that airplane.>

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Are the digital aviation planes fsx capable? Their website shows that they aren't but flight 1's website says they are? Those planes look really nice with the fully simulated systems.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Yes Yes Yes, totally agree, the standard fare does indeed look lifeless and boring when compared to the Digital Aviation DO-27.What impresses me the most is the fact that the simulated aircraft does have consequences when running it outside the normal performance envelope. This is I believe the holy grain of flightsim modelling and long overdue.FSD did this a couple of years ago and I really thought it was something that was going to take off. Unfortunately it did not, but I am really pleased to see DA do this.I wonder how many of the upcomming products from the more established players/developers are going down this path. I sure hope quite a few, but I am not holding my breath.Cheers, Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

>Are the digital aviation planes fsx capable? Their website>shows that they aren't but flight 1's website says they are?>Those planes look really nice with the fully simulated>systems.I only have the Dornier DO-27 from DA which I beleive has been updated for FSX. I had not bought the FS2004 version previously.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html