Sign in to follow this  
Stuntie

Track IR not working

Got Track IR 3 with 6dof attachment.Works fine in FS2004, IL2 etc., but doesnt seem to be picked up in FSX.It's active (LED is on), but no response in FSX.Any settings or anything I need to check?

I have a #3 as well and it works fine, you might like to check that you have the latest software: "TrackIR_4.1.030.Final".John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Updated and still not working.Did the Simconnect.dll thing from the TrackIR support page as well.Mentions a Simconnect.xml file that may be a problrm, but can't find that even with a full hard drive search.

Guest triangle

If you are using other products that utilise SimConnect you can end up with a conflict because TrackIR needs a local setting of 127.0.0.1.For good measure, the following SimConnect.xml file should work (it should be in the application data/microsoft/fsx folder where your fsx.cfg file is located) (note that the 192.168.0.200 IP address should be changed to the IP address of your machine):<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

645004096FalseFalseIPv4local
645004096FalseAndrew

I can't find simconnect.xml in the apps...fsx folder.Should it be there by default?If it is missing where can I install it from.Already did a repair on FSX and that didnt install it.

Guest triangle

Just cut and paste the above supplied version into notepad and save as SimConnect.xml in the folder I described. See if that helps - if not, it's not the file that is the problem. I don't think you should have a SimConnect.xml file by default but I could be wrong on that ...Andrew

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Yea, the xml file isn't installed, or used by default. It is only added , by other applications that are using the simconnect app. across the network, besides the local system.....Are you getting a blue LED activating, when you start a flight?FSX is listed on the Profiles page, of the TrackIR software?What antivirus software areyou running?

Software and games are up to date V4.1 30.FSX is in the profiles.I have TIR3 Pro with 6DOF vector clip.Yellow light is on.But no movement in FSX.Software is AVG 7.5.Doesnt affect IL-2, CFS3, FS2004, BOB2 or any other TIR game.Most annoying as it was working pre FSX update.

Do you check that the TrackIR is working before starting FSX using view/tracking option? I find that I have to disconnect and reconnect my USB connection to get the TrackIR to start properly after I have booted up. I have never seen a yellow light, my colours are GREEN for "All is good", Red when the unit can't see a reflection, a yellow and red or orange when the unit is working but paused. When I start FSX a blue led comes on at the bottom of the unit.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Blue is TIR4 i believe.TIR 3 pro has a top LED that is Red for no reading, Yellow for tracking, and off for off.I get the yellow tracking from before FSX starting and right through till after FSX has shut down.But no TIR in game.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Should still be green on the top, and you should also be seeing a blue LED, on the bottom of the TrackIR 3 as well, if the software is detecting the gaming application.OK, one step to try

>Should still be green on the top, and you should also be>seeing a blue LED, on the bottom of the TrackIR 3 as well, if>the software is detecting the gaming application.>Yep, I am getting the blue led for games, but not for FSX>OK, one step to try

Reinstalled and still no joy.How is FSX detected?Does it use a registry entry at all?Or an ini file?If so can you let me know what it checks for soI can ensuretheyare there correctly.Thanks.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

It sees simconnect load, in the memory, when FSX starts.Creation date for the simconnect folder?

C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9Version 10.0.60905.0C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9aVersion 10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038)