Sign in to follow this  
Stuntie

Track IR not working

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9>>Version 10.0.60905.0>creation date of the folder above?

Guest jshyluk

Does the software main screen say it's connected to FSX when you run everything? It's one thing to have an FSX profile enabled, it's another to have TrackIR actually connect to the software. It should say:Current Game: FSXCurrent Profile: XXX (where XXX is your custom profile)If it says Current Game: None, there's no connection despite the profile.I had this issue crop up just this week as I installed a Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse, which caused TrackIR to act up. TIR refused to recognize games/sims, and it would crash on exit. I fixed it by downloading the lastest TIR software, removing the current software (which was the same version), unplugging the TIR device, re-installing the TIR software, and plugging in the device again.If this sounds like your issue, then this could work for you. It's pretty much the same as the advice from the rest of the posters, but this was my specific situation. The other thing I can think of is that you should look at the tracking screens in TIR are actually tracking the Vector Clip. I once spent some time and swear words on trying to "fix" the TIR software, when in reality, I had bumped the camera, and it was looking just far enough off to the side to stop tracking my hat. I'm not familiar with the TIR3 lights, though, but I now include a periodic test to see that TrackIR is properly oriented in my pre-flight checklist. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Is the blue led coming on, when FSX loads a flight?

>Is the blue led coming on, when FSX loads a flight?Sorry for the delay responding. Been a busy weekend.No Blue LED.I get the Blue LED with IL-2 BoB and other games. Nothing with FSX.Tracking is fine.Main tab says current Profile: Default profile.Current game : None

>Does the software main screen say it's connected to FSX when>you run everything? It's one thing to have an FSX profile>enabled, it's another to have TrackIR actually connect to the>software. It should say:>>Current Game: FSX>Current Profile: XXX (where XXX is your custom profile)>>If it says Current Game: None, there's no connection despite>the profile.>>I had this issue crop up just this week as I installed a>Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse, which caused TrackIR to>act up. TIR refused to recognize games/sims, and it would>crash on exit. >>I fixed it by downloading the lastest TIR software, removing>the current software (which was the same version), unplugging>the TIR device, re-installing the TIR software, and plugging>in the device again.>>If this sounds like your issue, then this could work for you. >It's pretty much the same as the advice from the rest of the>posters, but this was my specific situation. >>The other thing I can think of is that you should look at the>tracking screens in TIR are actually tracking the Vector Clip.> I once spent some time and swear words on trying to "fix" the>TIR software, when in reality, I had bumped the camera, and it>was looking just far enough off to the side to stop tracking>my hat. I'm not familiar with the TIR3 lights, though, but I>now include a periodic test to see that TrackIR is properly>oriented in my pre-flight checklist. >>Jeff Shyluk>Senior Staff Reviewer, AvsimCleaned it off, unplugged.Reinstalled replugged.All up to date - both software and game updates.Still not working.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

1 - Delete the following file folder C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e92 - Insert the FSX CD, and run the repair utility. Basically we are looking to reinstall the folder.3 - Hopefully this should remedy the issue. Please let me know if this helps.

>1 - Delete the following file folder>> C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9>>2 - Insert the FSX CD, and run the repair utility. Basically>we are looking to reinstall the folder.>>3 - Hopefully this should remedy the issue. >>Please let me know if this helps.>This was mentioned and tried earlier.I tried it again , and still no joy.

Are you attempting to use the same USB port?I've had some issues with losing my TrackIR 4 after installing programs, etc. (I don't run a static IP BTW, so my computer may be on one of 3-4 IP addresses).What I've found is sometimes I have to plug the TrackIR into a different USB port, I reboot the machine, it usually finds the TrackIR device, asks if I want XP to search for the drivers, and I allow it to reinstall the drivers automatically. I'm then set until I lose it again.I know I should find a permanent solution to this, but thus far this has worked for me, and does not take too much time.

Guest jshyluk

I've noticed that my TrackIR, my USB scanner, and my USB stylus all seem to really hate it when I swap around either their USB slots, or the even the slots of unrelated devices. The stylus wipes out my keyboard, the scanner insists that I re-install the drivers, and the TrackIR does what I mentioned earlier, which seems similar to Stuntie's problem (but I guess isn't the same). If you're going to experiment with the USB's, which I think is a good idea to try, make sure you unplug any USB devices that you absolutely don't need, and start with the TrackIR. There's something that's blocking the TrackIR from seeing FSX, and it's likely not the TrackIR, as it's working with other apps. FSX SimConnect can disrupt the TrackIR, but if you've re-installed that, then I figure it's time to investigate the USB's, and if possible, rule them out as a problem.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

For USB issues in general I look at a couple of things....1 - Make sure that you have the latest chipset drivers, and motherboard bios installed.2 - Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Do you have any logitech software installed?

I have Logiteck drivers for my wireless keyboard and mouse Vince.Why? Obviously a compatibility issue?BTW, I have all my power saving 'switches' turned off via the device manager, and my BIOS is up to date (Dell XPS 410).

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

I have seen logitech setpoint software cause some issues, in the past, something to look out for.