Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

F117 in Winter

Hoping this doesn't confilct with the "no war/combat" thing. I'd been hoping someone would do this for MSFS and it's here via the Marketplace. Couldn't comment on its veraciy/accuracy/flight model etc. Works for me though - bought it, selected it. start on runway, RTFM? what FM?, hit the gas and away it went. Flies just the way I like, didn't have to worry about any controls (although second time out I tried the parachute brake on landing and that worked fine - surprised myself there). I'll see if there is any documentation and read it later. For now, it's just a blast to zoom around at 400 kts at tree top height or close.

Haven't been using the sim much of late, too many issues with it. But it seemed to be behaving itself today so here we are. Scenery is around Latvia, for no reason other than wanted somewhere that felt right in the winter atmosphere.

It's an ugly beast, for sure, but fascinating.

2G1G85W.jpg

p7jnO39.jpg

Alulw4g.jpg

Uw8jSgg.jpg

31Glp3b.jpg

hSgTzMy.jpg

dN6HlH3.jpg

zwKFSZN.jpg

My system is still a bit stuttery at the moment, but I guess at 400+ kts at near ground level on ultra I shouldn't be surprised. Got a new build (R9 7900x) coming in a few weeks so we'll see how things are after that.

• Like 7

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Won’t be long now , Winter will be here shortly and Andy gets his new Rig . 😄

• Like 3

It's still such a spooky looking aircraft! I'll never forget seeing one up close at an airshow.

• Like 2

Keith Guillory

Wonderful shots, Andy. The landscape looks real to me 😉

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Overlooking for a minute that dark silhouette of the Nighthawk, your imagery of the places and scenery, here, looks marvelous, Andy...! In that regard, nothing to worry about your system setup...

BTW, I liked the (frank) admission of note...🙂...

18 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I'll see if there is any documentation and read it later. For now, it's just a blast to zoom around at 400 kts...

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:57 PM, johnbow72 said:

Won’t be long now , Winter will be here shortly and Andy gets his new Rig . 😄

Cheers John. Hope the new system resolves my various issues. Probably not, I'm sure by SU12 or so Asobo will have made it painful again.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:05 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

The "Woblin Goblin."  Love it.

Cheers Jack, 'tis a fun machine

On 10/9/2022 at 3:40 AM, flyerkg said:

It's still such a spooky looking aircraft! I'll never forget seeing one up close at an airshow.

Hi Keith, never seen one for real. Did you have to have special glasses to see it? <grin>

On 10/9/2022 at 3:44 PM, bernd1151 said:

Wonderful shots, Andy. The landscape looks real to me 😉

Thanks Bernd. Yeah, I was quite impressed by how the area looked on this flight. If I can get smooth and extend the LOD a bit with the new machine I'll be a happy bunny.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, steve310002 said:

Are you using REX Accuseason?

Hi Steve - Bijan's stuff in these shots. I have Accuseasons but have tended to stick with Bijan's stuff - Rex doesn't seem to offer anything better when I've done comparison flights.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:16 PM, P_7878 said:

BTW, I liked the (frank) admission of note...🙂...

Hi P, although I can sort of understand the study sim approach, intellectually, to me it just reminds me too much of most of my working life (computer stuff). I've spent way too much time poring over manuals trying to figure stuff out, No way on earth am I going to do that for fun. It ain't fun AFAIC. I'll read the minimum I need to be able to get off the ground and fly around a bit. It's gotten me up in the air in most things (PMDG included), but I have bought a couple of aircraft that I just don't use. Can't even get the engines started. I actually consider it offensive that such things exist, it's just a PC game fer xxx's sake! (although I fully expect that I'll get atttacked by several posters, who I could name but won't, if they ever read that last statement)

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.