Sign in to follow this  
Stuntie

Seperate config files?

In FS2004 I used the /cfg switch to enable different setups on my controllers (yoke, quadand joystick so plenty of options for setup), e.g. a four engine heavy set up and a single engine setup.I tried this with FSX and it didnt seem to work.Neither does saving and loading settings.I don't knowwhat it saves, but not the controller setup when I tried it.Is there any way of having multiple configs in FSX?

Hello there, there is a seperate folder in the FSX folder where the cfg is stored called controls. In this folder is an xml file named "standard", that has all of the controller commands in it. I just set each situation up with the joystick and keyboard commands, then copy and paste that xml file into a folder elswhere and name the folder I paste it into helicopters etc.... now all you have to do is copy and overwrite each time. Hope this helps. :)

Guest RonB49

Hi Stuntie and Jeff,I use a combination of both methods mentioned here. Stuntie, I still have individual config files for different plane types. For example I have one for GA planes with fixed props (C172), one for turboprops (Kingair) and one for twin-engined jets (Lear).I used an XML editor to modify the file that Jeff mentions (Standard.XML). Specifically, I changed the functions of the three levers on my CH Yoke USB. A file named Standard_C172.XML sets the levers as Throttle, Mixture, Flaps; Standard_King defines Throttle, Prop, Condition; and Standard_Lear.XML sets Spoiler, Throttle, Flaps.Next, I set up three versions of FSX.cfg named FSX_C172, FSX_King, and FSX_Lear. Each config sets up Autogen, traffic, and scenery density consistant with the type of flying for that plane type. Then within each config file, the [CONTROLS] section is set as shown here:FSX_C172.cfg[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=Standard_C172KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=10FSX_King.cfg[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=Standard_King. . .FSX_Lear.cfg[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=Standard_Lear. . .This is working for me although it is a little more bother than FS9. R-

Thanks for the info chaps.Yep not as simple as FS9, but workable.I'll set them up tonight.