Aderham

RXP GNS 430W not getting X-Plane GPS 11 data

Hello,

X-Plane 11
Reality XP GNS 430W V2
RXP Screen (no Bezel) Shows on 2D Panel
Real Sim Gear GNS430 Hardware bezel
RXP GNS 430 pop-up dragged to RSG 430 Display

Encoders and buttons on RSG Hardware work as expected and Reality XP display on 2D panel reflects changes made on RSG hardware.

PROBLEM:

In flight (or on the ground) there is no GPS location data being received by RXP GNS 430 from X-Plane. I have verified with X-Plane GPS data screen that X-Plane does not appear to be outputting any GPS data.

Everything was working with X-Plane 11 172SP default GNS 430. Not sure if something got corrupted or something else is going on.

As a result RXP GNS 430W does not know where it is so GS, DTK, Distance to next waypoint, and all the other location specific data fields are not working.

Any ideas?

Abbott  

Never acquired XPlane.  In other simulators the RXP GPS products pull navdata from Garmin Trainers, not from the simulators. I would be greatly surprised if it were not the same for XP.  

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 10/11/2022 at 11:23 AM, Aderham said:

Hello,

X-Plane 11
Reality XP GNS 430W V2
RXP Screen (no Bezel) Shows on 2D Panel
Real Sim Gear GNS430 Hardware bezel
RXP GNS 430 pop-up dragged to RSG 430 Display

Encoders and buttons on RSG Hardware work as expected and Reality XP display on 2D panel reflects changes made on RSG hardware.

PROBLEM:

In flight (or on the ground) there is no GPS location data being received by RXP GNS 430 from X-Plane. I have verified with X-Plane GPS data screen that X-Plane does not appear to be outputting any GPS data.

Everything was working with X-Plane 11 172SP default GNS 430. Not sure if something got corrupted or something else is going on.

As a result RXP GNS 430W does not know where it is so GS, DTK, Distance to next waypoint, and all the other location specific data fields are not working.

Any ideas?

Abbott  

So the GPS isn't updating your position as you fly? I'd try disabling all other plugins by actually moving them out of the plugins folder until you're left with XP defaults and RXP. Other things to check are the settings for the GPS you're using and make sure it has a valid GPS Source and whether you've enabled GPS failures (under Advanced).

If that doesn't work, uninstall/reinstall I'm afraid is my only other idea.

Reasoning: It's probable RXP plugin reads the X-Plane datarefs and pushes that information to the Garmin trainer it runs.

I would've asked if you're certain it's RXP showing, but you mentioned no bezel so there goes that idea.

Hope you find a solution, guess we're doing community support until @RXP returns, if at all. Good luck.

This is off topic, but I have posted on the RXP Legacy forum some problems getting a GNS 430 W with a Stand Alone Panel (Bezel I think its called) working. i have PM'd RXP too but see that there has been no activity from RXP for some time.

I see that jamie_c just posted here that RXP may no longer be the Support resource for Reality XP. I have searched the Forum for some information about my issue with no luck. Is there any other Support facility of RXP?

Thanks

Geoff

RXP's last forum post was Sept 30th.  He may have taken some time off?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I will exercise some appropriate patience.

I don't know @RXP, I was merely stating that they haven't been around for probably the longest period since I've been a customer, community support is the reality until that individual returns to support the product and state their intentions regarding XP12 and updating.

Thanks for the ideas on places to look. The Laminar Flow GNS 430 works properly. The Reality XP GNS430W seems to be "Stuck" with a message lower right ARRIVING WPT that can't be cleared and is related to the fact that the Reality XP GNS430W is not getting any GPS data. Since RealSImGear says their hardware bezel works with Reality XP Plugin (and I followed their install instructions) it will be a big disappointment if there is a bug that is preventing Reality XP software from getting data. Since the RealSimGear hardware bezel is interacting with the Reality XP pop-up display and the GPS data is handled by the Reality XP software (and or Garmin Trainer) I have to belive this is a Reality XP configuration issue. I will start checking all the various config files.

Had to reinstall and remove the 430 screen from panel with PlaneMaker. Turns out the screen I put in with PlaneMaker conflicted with the Reality XP GNS430W.

Still working on how to add the Reality XP 430W (with software bezel) to my 2D panel while also having a pop-up window I can drag over to the RealSimGear hardware bezel. At the moment I have a pop-up window with no bezel that is dragged over to the hardware bezel and everything works.

To complicate maters I also have a hardware RealSimGear GFC 500 autopilot and software G5's (ATI and HSI) running on an Air Manager touchscreen panel with knobster. I am still testing but so far all the parts seem to be talking to each other. Someday I hope to learn enough to be able to also display the Reality XP GNS 430W on my X-Plane 2D panel and also two Software RealSimGear G5's in the 2D panel that will sync with the two G5s in the Air Manager panel. Many of the instruments on the Air Manger panel also display on the 2D panel and reflect any changes made using the Air Manager panel while flying the sim, so I assume there must be a way although it may be difficult since plug-ins are part of the mix.

For now I fly it as is.

This link has two photos. One is the panel in my airplane. The other is my X-Plane sim. I am trying to make the sim close to the actual plane so I can practice IFR procedures.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApQJEyG-ktKZp1tE3go8XQfX4-MG?e=ah5nTK  

On 10/15/2022 at 9:40 AM, charliearon said:

RXP's last forum post was Sept 30th.  He may have taken some time off?

3 Posts October 1 and before that June 16th, with one of the October 1 posts suggesting that break was unplanned and whatever it was, wasn't going to happen again.

@Aderham I wish I could be more help, but I have no experience with any single component of your hardware/software combination other than obviously X-Plane and RXP, so good luck! 🙂