Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

Steam Gauge Overhaul: Analog King Air releases tomorrow

Oh perfect!  Think the floatiak comes tomorrow as well right?

Two amazing turboprops yay!!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am buying. Having the Caravan and King Air study level will keep me very busy. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Caravan is my favorite turboprop now! Can't wait for King Air!

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hooray!  I wonder if the 20% discount would also apply in the other direction if I pick up the king air then want to Caravan later?

Either way, super excited for the king air.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Looks interesting, but hard for me to get behind that price tag…

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Hmmm. It's a rust bucket alright, but I have fond memories of the Aeroworx KingAir. 

Ha! You've dated yourself and I'm about to join you 😉 Ah yes, the Aeroworx B200 - truly a ground breaking plane for flight simming for its time. As far as I know, it was the first to introduce the possibility of a turbine "hot start" into the equation. Loved that plane - flew it around the world twice in addition to the umpteen gazillion other hours I logged in general flights. I will purchase the JF and hope it affords a similar amount of satisfaction. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, McDaniel said:

Is beta range working in the caravan/king air?

It's working in the Caravan, and I use it all the time.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

28 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It's working in the Caravan, and I use it all the time.

From the Caravan manual:

Turboprop Engine Simulation

As many users of MSFS are aware, the native turbine engine simulation is flawed. This product
makes numerous adjustments to the natively driven turbine values displayed on the cockpit
instrumentation to provide a more realistic experience, but still not without its flaws. Mainly,
users will notice the following:

● Ambient temperature has a larger effect on idle ITT than it should
● Beta range not properly gated or simulated
● Propeller drag is insufficient at flight idle

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

11 hours ago, regis9 said:

Hooray!  I wonder if the 20% discount would also apply in the other direction if I pick up the king air then want to Caravan later?

Either way, super excited for the king air.

No, sorry.  This is a one-time discount offering for current owners of the Caravan.

25 minutes ago, Alvega said:

From the Caravan manual:

Be that as it may, I use the beta range on most landings, and it significantly reduces the landing distance. 

Update on the King Air (14 minutes ago on the official forums): 

We’re still on track to release the King Air today, within the next hour or so we hope.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

From the Caravan manual:

Your comment made me look into this further. I got a reply on the official forums

In the real aircraft, moving the power lever back below idle has two seperate affects.

The first is to directly control the propeller pitch, reducing it below the forward fine pitch stop position and into a negative pitch position, passing from forward thrust, through zero thrust, to eventually producing reverse thrust. Again, in this portion of power lever movement, you are directly controlling the propeller blade angle only. The engine remains at idle.

Once the maximum negative pitch has been achieved, any further reduction of the power lever only increases fuel flow, and hence Ng%, further increasing reverse thrust by increasing the engine power output.

The net result of both of these functions, is that the further behind the idle gate one pulls the power lever, the greater the stopping forces generated.

Whilst moving the power lever below idle in MSFS still has a noticeable affect, the MSFS simulation of this is greatly simplified, hence the statement in the manual.

• Like 3