Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog King Air out now

Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog King Air

https://www.justflight.com/store/basket/JFF003743

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

If you want to add a new livery to be used with this new version of the KingAir, please note that there is an error on the provided aircraft.cfg under  ...\bksq-aircraft-analogkingair\SimObjects\Airplanes\bksq-aircraft-analogkingair-livery-example.

At the top under VARIATION it should read:

[VARIATION]
base_container = "..\bksq-aircraft-analogkingair"

I tried to post this at the JustFlight forum but it is down at this moment.

• Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo

Howdy all. The KA is not seeing my TDS GTN750 but the Caravan does and displays the gauge. Manual sez it’s  all supposed to be automatic and it is with Caravan but with KA nothing installs for me. 

Anyone else?  Ive reached out to TDS support and I thought I’d check here too.
TIA,

-B

Edited by btacon

Just now, btacon said:

Howdy all. The KA is not seeing my TDS GTN750 but the Caravan does and displays the gauge. Manual sez it’s  all supposed to be automatic and it is with Caravan but with KA nothing installs for me. 

Anyone else?  Ve reached it to TDS support and I thought I’d check here. 
TIA,

-B

Same here with the PMS50. Not switching automatically.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

5 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Same here with the PMS50. Not switching automatically.

Mega Bummer!  

I bought the analogue Caravan but it flies the same as the default one and gets you from A to B in the same way. Performance and flight model is no different. I'm guessing the same will be the case with the King Air. OK there are a few more knobs to fiddle with but the result is exactly the same except you have shelled out £27.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I bought the analogue Caravan but it flies the same as the default one and gets you from A to B in the same way. Performance and flight model is no different. I'm guessing the same will be the case with the King Air. OK there are a few more knobs to fiddle with but the result is exactly the same except you have shelled out £27.

Sounds like this gem isn’t for you. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

12 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Sounds like this gem isn’t for you. 

Well I don't know. Seems very dear for what is essentially a default plane with different knobs and buttons? After a gin and tonic I'll probably buy it though..😀

EDIT. I've bought the bloody thing! Nurse!!

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

Well I don't know. Seems very dear for what is essentially a default plane with different knobs and buttons? After a gin and tonic I'll probably buy it though..😀

I hear you haha. I look at it this way. What do i frequently fly now? The Caravan and King Air. In the case of the Caravan, there are high quality liveries already available that work perfectly, and include a darker cockpit. So i really have everything i need exterior wise. The depth of systems plus being easy on performance mean this add-on instantly goes to the top of my hangar. It will get a lot of flight hours. So if you rarely take either of these out in default form, maybe not a great fit. But I love the idea. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

15 minutes ago, RobJC said:

easy on performance

That's a great point!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btacon said:

Anyone else?  Ive reached out to TDS support and I thought I’d check here too.
TIA,

-B

Remember to select GTN750 in the cockpit:

Y1ZDOHD.jpg

Another thing: Random failures is enabled as default, but can be disabled in the failures menu in the weather radar:

kEd4waH.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just got it! Solid aircraft. Electrical system is pretty deep LOL

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

KA with TDS working ok here - possibly a minor issue with distance to waypoints but that can be addressed

LPV working perfectly.... oh my gosh I love this bird already!

52423185900_fbd6e0f61c_k.jpgkingairtds by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52423197525_2dee5a69fe_k.jpgkingairtdslpv by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Don't get me wrong. Rule Britannia and I love Just Flight. But at least, please, include some liveries for the plane at this price. I can't be doing with  hacking files to get a livery to work. It's too dear. It's just too dear for what you get. How do I get out of the plane at the end of a flight? The doors won't open!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ega said:

If you want to add a new livery to be used with this new version of the KingAir, please note that there is an error on the provided aircraft.cfg under  ...\bksq-aircraft-analogkingair\SimObjects\Airplanes\bksq-aircraft-analogkingair-livery-example.

At the top under VARIATION it should read:

[VARIATION]
base_container = "..\bksq-aircraft-analogkingair"

I tried to post this at the JustFlight forum but it is down at this moment.

It seems this issue was already been corrected by JustFlight. 

Edmundo Azevedo