Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog King Air out now

35 minutes ago, Millingp said:

TDS GTNxi just stopped working today.  All fine yesterday after 0.1.1b update but all of a sudden today I just get a blank screen on the GTNxi - black screen, not white, as if its not powered up.

Anyone any ideas?

I usually run TDS GPS app (not manager) and it works for me

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I usually run TDS GPS app (not manager) and it works for me

I can run TDS in its own window just fine, but the VC integrated version is just showing a blank screen?

3 minutes ago, Millingp said:

I can run TDS in its own window just fine, but the VC integrated version is just showing a blank screen?

So it happens to me just like in your case - blank screen. I minimize sim, run GPS app again, go back and NXI is booting up

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

There’s issues with TDS in SU11 beta currently.

On a different note I’ve been flying this masterpiece today in Italy, because… well it’s Italy. This is with one of Ryan’s converted liveries:

HbSyDfm.jpg

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

33 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

There’s issues with TDS in SU11 beta currently.

On a different note I’ve been flying this masterpiece today in Italy, because… well it’s Italy. This is with one of Ryan’s converted liveries:

HbSyDfm.jpg

I'm not running SU11 beta

• Like 1

Good morning,

With the last update B, I can't get rid of this fuel pipe (Cobra Style) in the left wing ?

Do you guys know what switch controls it ? Is it still a bug ?

Also, with the new version, the elevator authority is very low. Actually I suddenly have low authority on all aircraft. My honeycomb Alpha hasn't change a bit and sensitivity is 100%. Anyone having the same experience ?

Thanks for any help.

Souheil 

Edited by s.mellah

I had that glitch happen too. The fuel pipe + cable appears when you order a GPU (either through default ATC or GSX). It should disappear after dismissing the GPU. If you forget to dismiss it, it stays attached even in the air.

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

2 minutes ago, Johan217 said:

I had that glitch happen too. The fuel pipe + cable appears when you order a GPU (either through default ATC or GSX). It should disappear after dismissing the GPU. If you forget to dismiss it, it stays attached even in the air.

Thank you very much for the explanations Johan.

1 hour ago, s.mellah said:

Good morning,

With the last update B, I can't get rid of this fuel pipe (Cobra Style) in the left wing ?

Do you guys know what switch controls it ? Is it still a bug ?

Also, with the new version, the elevator authority is very low. Actually I suddenly have low authority on all aircraft. My honeycomb Alpha hasn't change a bit and sensitivity is 100%. Anyone having the same experience ?

Thanks for any help.

Souheil 

Okay... I found the corrupted for the elevator issue: FSR 2.0.6B1 is the peoblem.

We have released an update for the King Air this evening.  We're now at version 1.2.  Changelog is in support and owners will have received an email from us.

Here's the Changelog in full.

V1.2 - Fuel System, Pressurization, Bus Tie Logic, and SU11 Compatibility

New Features:

• SPECIAL THANKS TO JAYDEE AND NICOTINE70 – When v1.1 was released, there was a bug that would prevent the engines from starting.  This was the result of an undocumented change to the engines.cfg file in SU11 Beta, which all the developers and testers of the Analog King Air just happened to be subscribed to.  This allowed the bug to go unnoticed until release.  As soon as the bug was reported, it took the hard work of my volunteers, and cooperation of many on the forums to find the error, and fix it.  We are very sorry for this interruption in your enjoyment of the Analog King Air, and hope that you will now be able to enjoy the new v1.2 features and improved flight characteristics in this aircraft.
  • New aerodynamics and engine performance that take full advantage of the SU10 propeller modeling.  Propeller disk braking in flight is much more noticeable.  Idle thrust on the ground is more subdued.  Increased drag in flight results in more manageable approaches and landings. Reverse thrust tweaked for POH stopping performance.  Starter spool-up time is more realistic.  Propeller RPM during starting matches real world examples.  The combination of increased drag and corrected barber pole speed (see below), should drastically improve the flying experience.
  • Total overhaul of fuel system.  Users can now expect very accurate behavior of the fuel system with regards to jet-pump fuel transfer, motive flow valve actuation, crossfeeding valve behavior, and crossfeeding logic.  Crossfeeding procedures have been updated in the checklists, and a narrative has been added to the Fuel Quantity Indicators manual section.
  • Pressurization system refinement.  The manual dump valve is now also electrically actuated.  Single engine operation will reduce the pressurization system’s performance by approximately 30%.  Pressurization bumps when operating at the maximum pressure differential are not as severe, and should be managed before activating the cabin high differential pressure warning.
  • New Pressurization Related Failures! CABIN SAFETY VALVE, CABIN OUTFLOW VALVE, INFLOW CONTROL UNIT, and DOOR SEAL failures..  As part of the new pressurization system, you can now manage a number of pressurization related anomalies.  How will you handle an unlikely combined outflow and safety valve failure at altitude?  Loiter at lower altitudes letting pressure escape through the cracks?  Try opening a window?
  • Cockpit windows can no longer be opened at cabin differential pressures above approximately 2.5 psi.  This would require roughly 140 lbs of force to open.  The animation position of the door can be used to approximate the cabin differential pressure.  Windows will now also vibrate in the wind.
  • CABIN DOOR annunciator is no longer connected to cockpit windows, as it is now connected to the DOOR SEAL failure.
  • Second high altitude warning added.  The same warning horn will sound when passing ~10,000ft will sound again when passing ~12,000, and is canceled by the same button.
  • Added support for WTT Autopilot Mod.  A separate package is required to use WTT mode, available at pms50.com/msfs/.  This mode limits radio equipment selection to the PMS50 GTN-750 GPS, which is a limitation of the WTT Autopilot System.
  • Voltmeter select knob now spring loaded to return to triple fed bus from battery bus.
  • New exterior lighting with incandescent color, and brighter landing and taxi lights.
  • Recessed lighting added to the pressurization controller.
  • Cockpit bounce lighting increased slightly to make dark areas more visible.
  • Engine Fires are no longer recalled at the beginning of a flight like the rest of the failures, so alarms will not sound if you had an unresolved engine fire at the end of your last flight.

Bug Fixes:

• The emergency SU11b fix for v1.1 introduced an undesired condition where the engines would produce substantial thrust when condition levers were set to high idle.  This has been corrected with the new performance configurations.
  • Barber Pole Speed fixed.  Previously the barber pole began decreasing to the FL350 limit of ~192 kts from sea level.  This gave the impression of too much power at the mid-level altitudes, with the aircraft easily able to exceed its VNE speed.  Now the barber pole does not decrease until FL210, which corrects this apparent performance flaw.  You will even get to your destination faster now, too!
  • No window opening sound attenuation bug was accidentally reintroduced in v1.1.  This has been fixed again.
  • Fuel Quantity Test switch position will now illuminate the low fuel quantity annunciator lights, and not change fuel quantity gauge indications.
  • No Fuel Transfer annunciator lights will illuminate when the engine ignition system is activated on the same-side engine.
  • L/R Low Prop Pitch annunciators now properly connected to the Right Bus for power, and are inhibited when the propeller is feathered, and when the aircraft is in flight.
  • Bus Tie switch is now momentary in the MAN CLOSE position, and the MAN CLOSE annunciator will only be illuminated when battery power is being used to hold the generator bus ties closed.
  • ITT curve increased by ~35 °C. ITT will now be more limiting on high performance takeoffs and high ambient temperature cruise.
  • Crossfeed valve circuit breaker will now disconnect the solenoid valve from all buses, not just the triple-fed bus.
  • System will not go dark if the bus ties are manually opened when both propellers are in feather.  This was due to the custom implementation of the triple fed bus diodes and the MSFS bug where generators on free turbine engines do not produce electrical power.
  • DC Load Meters would incorrectly fail when power was lost to the center bus.
  • ADI-85A is now electrically powered, rather than vacuum powered.
  • Instrument air supply connected to both engines, not just left.
  • ADI-85A ATT and CMD flags were accidentally reversed in the model file.
  • Manual note added to CTL-22 COM Radio systems guide:  “NOTE:  Pressing the inner dual concentric rotary encoder knob will toggle the radio’s 8.33 kHz tuning mode for compatibility with European frequencies.  The text “8.33” will be shown on the CTL-22’s display when this tuning mode is active.  For your convenience, COM3 on the pedestal defaults to 8.33 kHz mode.”
  • SU11 localization compatibility.
  • Manual updated to reflect all changes.  Now over 100 pages long.  Happy reading!
  • Like 5

Is a black panel included in the steam gauge overhaul king air package ?If not is there a black panel available somewhere ?

Thanks

I'm having an issue with the pressure altitude and Autopilot.  I believe there is a bug on the King Air side of the code.  TDS and MSFS both confirm correct pressure altitude but the KA won't climb to the selected alt of 17000

I'm also having issues with cabin pressurization.  The cabin continues to climb even though the knob is set FL 180 (it was set to 190 in the pic but it shouldn't matter that much)

(This is on the latest patch of course)

(flickr is down for me so here's two dropbox pics)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtxq2g4ojz4zlvj/ALTsettings.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgbtf9oaits2f9x/kacabinalt.png?dl=0

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@ryanbatc - in your second image, shouldn't your bleed air switches be open? Appears that you have them in the Enviro Off position. Cabin pressurization needs bleed air.

On AP I do think it is still a bit rough. It busted right through the alt I set and kept going.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yes, bleed valves must be open. I have not experienced any problems with the autopilot though or altitude, though. It seems better than most Carenado planes, anyway. Are you sure you had the altimeter set correctly? Pressure altitude is only the same as indicated altitude when the altimeter is set to 29.92/1013.

23 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

@ryanbatc - in your second image, shouldn't your bleed air switches be open? Appears that you have them in the Enviro Off position. Cabin pressurization needs bleed air.

On AP I do think it is still a bit rough. It busted right through the alt I set and kept going.

Possibly.  I did a runway start though so everything should have been set for that.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |