Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Flight Environment Progress?

Guest MauiHawk

>Apart from that I believe FEX will blow XG right out of the>sky, so... ;)I'm inclined to agree (though not so enthusiastically). But I'm also betting ASX's Wx engine blows whatever FEX offers out of the water. The question is, can FEX's textures and their Wx interaction overcome a superior Wx engine? I suppose it depends on your tastes.Kind of moot for me, though... I just finished downloading the ASX bundle. If FEX is crazy good, maybe it can be an Xmas gift, but for now I'm pumped to give ASX a whirl.

Guest Hocking

Michael J.,I wasn't making "wild unfounded statements" when I said that Active Sky went out on their own, and this made it necessary for FEX/GEX to develop their own weather package. This was all information provided on these forums in a thread that eventually got deleted about a month ago or so when Active Sky X was released. Just a few months ago the FEX/GEX still had every intention of having an integrated FEX/GEX and Active Sky X package, but things fell apart quickly. It only makes common sense that the Active Sky X people went out on their own in an effort to sale their GraphicX software separately from their weather engine, and generate about $70 per sale. This would not be possible if they had stayed with the original plan of an FEX/GEX/Active Sky X integrated package.

Guest Hocking

Xiderpunk,I look forward to seeing your product, and I would love to see it released soon. Like I said, I am waiting to make my purchase decision until after your product is released. Please keep us updated to its progress if you don't mind.

According to the flashy thingy on the top left of the Avsim forum page: 07 07 07.