Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

I have noticed several Landclass products?

Guest Mark L.

With no bias, is there a better product for landclass. I do presently use FSG for Mesh, however I would guess any Landclass can be used in conjunction with the said mesh product.I know of FSG and SceneryTech landclass. Dose anyone have any prefrences. I hope this is an ok question to ask of payware products as I am sure all have strenghts. I am particularly instersted in North America, including Canada and Alaska. I enjoy the mountians of the areas mentioned.I am sure later I will look to branch into other mountian regions, but one step at a time for now.Thank you. Mark.P.S. Is there a spell ck on the edit feature?

Mark, you might want to read the "Xclass Europe and Usa : A comparison" thread. There is a lot of discussion in there about your question.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest Mark L.

Thank you John.I will try and search down the particular post you mentioned, and am sure I will enjoy reading it. I want to re-mention my concern on mentioning competitive products as some may not enjoy the dialog. My hope is that the market is large enough to support all.I am most concerned if (as in my case, as I have FSG mesh) that one Landclass functions more friendly than another. I am unsure of compatiability issues.Thank you and others for the help.Mark.

Guest JimC1702

I can tell you that I always used FSGenesis Landclass in FS9. I also copied it over to FSX for awhile. When Xclass came out I bought it. I was fairly pleased with it, but there just a couple of things I didn't care for IN MY AREA. Then I bought the FSGenesis landclass when it became available for FSX. It had some issues with swammps in the northeast that I didn't care for. Then I bought the Scenery Tech landclass. FOR MY AREA, it was the worst of the three. It looked nice but dozens of small towns were completely missing.When Justin updated his FSGenesis landclass, I tried it again and it's darn near perfect for the area of the northeast where I fly mostly. They're all good products but you have to see how they look in the areas you fly most to see if they work for you.Jim

Guest Mark L.

Jim,Thanks. Where if you do not mind sharring can I find/download to use IE Spell. Thank you for your help.Mark.

Guest Mark L.

JimC1702.Thank you for your imput as you have used the different products your opinion is valued.Mark.

Different Jim, nevertheless, here you go: http://www.iespell.com/It works quite well.Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

. . by the way - "Welcome to Avsim", Mark! :-wave. . and don't be too worried about spelling or grammar - there are no exams at the end of the day. :-lol:-lol:-lol. . and - if you haven't already - you might take a look at Ultimate Terrain X. The additional object types - buildings, etc., the new major highways, and the amount of automobile traffic is quite incredible. It has transformed FSX for me.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.