Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

Update Today 1.8 gigs

Hmmmmm. I got it yesterday, Oct 11 and not only did it reset most of my settings (graphic, traffic, etc) it also changed me to the west Europe server. I've always been on the US east coast. This is what they mean by "may you live in exciting times." I better hit Active Pause and take a break.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

No update for me, I'm Store version.  Not in beta.

It must be for beta users?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, Mace said:

No update for me, I'm Store version.  Not in beta.

It must be for beta users?

I'm in the beta. But now I'm unsure if I got the update. Before starting the sim I deleted usercfg.opt so perhaps I thought it was an update as it was asking for the install location. Hmmmmmm. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Well they changed servers today. I'm still in West USA. No changes.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I didn't sign up for  beta and no update here for store version

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Yeah I'm thinking maybe it didn't happen? As there's absolutely nothing on the official forums. Not even a single thread. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

5 minutes ago, Brocky120 said:

Haven't been on yet to check, but SU11 (1.29.22.0) Release notes are out, its releasing tonight (12th Oct GMT)?

You're right, just saw it too. 

RELEASE NOTES 1.29.22.0

Sim Update 11 Beta Release Notes [1.29.22.0] - Sim Update 11 Beta / Beta News and Updates - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Sim Update 11 / 40th Anniversary is one of the largest updates in the history of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and because of this, we are making a few changes to our standard Beta process for this release.

Sim Update 11 Beta testing will begin on October 12 and last until the release of both Sim Update 11 and 40th Anniversary on November 11, 2022. Please note that 40th Anniversary content will not be present in the Sim Update 11 Beta.

I'm still on 1.27.21.0 though.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yeah I'm thinking maybe it didn't happen? As there's absolutely nothing on the official forums. Not even a single thread. 

1.8GB is a pretty big it didn't happen. I catch your drift and think it came as much of a surprise to MS and Asobo as it did to some of us here. I was in the beta but left until I can see what gets broken in the SU11 beta.

-J

I actually saw it about 30 minutes ago on the forums, browsed the entire Web and wondered why no one had mentioned it… it was like I had early access to their SU11 Beta forums..

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Some really nice stuff in those notes, particularly about the weather / metar / sun. Look forward to trying this out, probably tomorrow…

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

13 minutes ago, Brocky120 said:

Haven't been on yet to check, but SU11 (1.29.22.0) Release notes are out, its releasing tonight (12th Oct GMT)?

That's quite a list of fixes, updates, etc.

"Live traffic planes no longer turn and fly over the airport at low altitude before the initial climb"

That alone is worth getting back into the beta.

• Like 2

-J

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I can’t find the release notes, do you have a link?

Sorry, there is a Button (Link) on the update page to review before clicking the Update button.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

That's quite a list of fixes, updates, etc.

"Live traffic planes no longer turn and fly over the airport at low altitude before the initial climb"

That alone is worth getting back into the beta.

It is good to see that many AI issues getting fixed.  I knew they were working on some AI issues but not that many.

What surprises me more is that, given the loooong time of SU10 gestation -- they postponed it ... twice I think?  But for SU11 it is slated to only be 1 month (or, really, 2 weeks according to Asobo's release notes about using the last 2 weeks to integrate SU11 content).

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'm not in beta, didn't get any update in Store, but I did get an update in-sim at start up. Just a small one. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s