Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Having Trouble With Track IR In FSX

Guest _MSW_

I have Track IR vector expansion. It works great in VC but when I switch to 2D panel view (using F10) the outside sky is moving when my head is turning while the 2D panel view remains stationary which is not right. Then when I try to switch back to VC (using F9) it will not go back to VC. Instead it remains in 2D panel view except the sky doesn't move any more. The only way to get out of this is to end the flight. Does anyone have this problem? I would appreciate any help to fix it.Also, is there a way to use Track IR so that you don't have to use it in exterior spot view and use the hat switch instead?Please help. Thanks!Mike

F9 pauses track ir. To get back to the VC right click and select vitural cockpit from the pop up menu.Edit: wanted to add that the f9 pause solves your last problem in spot view, just press f9 to pause and scroll with you hat switch etc....F8 changes the speed of track IR, almost a delayed reaction type view just in case you ever hit it and wonder why the head motion seems slow.Ian.

Guest allcott

Yes the key combination is conflicting. Change it to something appropriate.Allcott

Guest _MSW_

Thanks for your help! I will give it a try tonight when I get home.Mike

First suggestion would be to learn how to switch views without having trackir connected. For example, you know that F10 will switch you to 2d cockpit - you can then use the A key to cycle through the "sub views" including the VC. The view system is a bit different in FSX than FS9, read the help and experiment. When you have that figured out, use TrackIR - there are 3 main keys to remember - F9 toggles TIR on/OFF, F8 puts it in slow mode making it easier to use the mouse to click a switch in the VC and F12 - which centers the view.HTH,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Grahame Myers

Yeah, and don't forget that you can actually change the button assignments to anything you want within Track IR. I have toggle/centre view assigned to two of the buttons on my CH Yoke for instance.And: If you assign them to any of the keyboard keys that you use for other things (like letters for instance), don't forget to uncheck the "trap" box in TrackIR, otherwise you'll find that you can't type whatever letter it is in anything else, like Word etc. I found out the hard way: I assigned "x" to the precision feature, and then could'nt understand why the "x" key didn't work when I wanted to type my email address (my mail ISP is gmx.de) Took me a while to figure that one out :-)BestGrahame

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Looks like they got you covered.....