Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Ideas on how to troubleshoot recurrent hard pauses?

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

How can sleep mode be disabled on these?  I looked at mine and there isn’t an option.  Win 10, thanks.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/set-windows-to-power-on-off-usb-devices-in-sleep-mode/

if this  isnt  what your  after  just do a search   and  there  are plenty of  other  tips  on  how  to do it


I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

 

Peter kelberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

How can sleep mode be disabled on these?  I looked at mine and there isn’t an option.  Win 10, thanks.

Go to Device Manager and right click on Human Interface Devices & USB and look for a tab named something like "Power Management" and go from there.

  • Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.215v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Go to Device Manager and right click on Human Interface Devices & USB and look for a tab named something like "Power Management" and go from there.

Thanks Noel.  I appreciate your help.  

  • Like 1

Jack Sawyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Strange, anti virus or something? System resources? Does disk usage go to 100% by any chance as it happens? 

I just discovered this program which must have been installed by an addon, but potentially could be a trojan.  As soon as this flight is over I will see if I can uninstall it.  This OS install is all of a week old.  Ian, is this running in your system, and is it listed as an installed program?

What is spd.exe?

spd.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the cFosSpeed Service process which comes along with the cFosSpeed Software developed by cFos Software GmbH software developer.

If the spd.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes spd.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.

The .exe extension of the spd.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

  • Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.215v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Noel said:

I just discovered this program which must have been installed by an addon, but potentially could be a trojan.  As soon as this flight is over I will see if I can uninstall it.  This OS install is all of a week old.  Ian, is this running in your system, and is it listed as an installed program?

What is spd.exe?

spd.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the cFosSpeed Service process which comes along with the cFosSpeed Software developed by cFos Software GmbH software developer.

If the spd.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes spd.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.

The .exe extension of the spd.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

I don't think this is a Trojan.  It is part of MSI Dragon Center and it will help increase download speed in Windows.  The program seems to get installed if you enable LAN Manager in MSI Dragon Center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I can uninstall MSI DC as I don't think I've ever used it.  Thanks

  • Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.215v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have spd no, never heard of it. I use Corsair that eats around 2% of the cpu all of the time but doesn’t really affect msfs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does come from MSI's Dragon Center which I never used.  Uninstalled it, no change. 


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.215v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Strange, anti virus or something? System resources? Does disk usage go to 100% by any chance as it happens? 

What's my best tool to evaluate disk usage as a %?  Resource Monitor shows I/O bytes/sec...


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.215v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack, it looks to me like turning off AI traffic was about the only thing impacting this.  I was just now landing in LA at KLGB in the PMDG 738 in DX12 mode and overall it's quite a bit better as others have reported in DX12 over 11.  I'm heading back up this time in DX11 w/ AI traffic off to see if there is any impact on this issue.  Overall I must say DX12 is better, but DevMode OSD actually looks like it ought to be far worse--but I don't really know how to interpret the horizontal band indicators.

  • Like 2

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.215v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately disabling AI traffic DOES NOT fix this issue.  It's kind of acting like a SAVE action but I have no idea if others get this and just don't notice it.  I put a stopwatch on this and it's about 55 seconds between these pauses.

  • Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.215v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had those 60 seconds spikes. My problem was solved after many hours of checking my gear and connections but in my case it was somethig else. I'm using Steam version and Steam main catalog was on other drive (HDD) than MSFS2020 (SSD). There was a steam process (i don't remember name right now) that run every 60 seconds and connect to MSFS. That caused 60 seconds spikes on my rig - right now Steam and MSFS are on same SSD and everything is good. Maybe that will help you. Regards.

  • Like 2

Regards, Bartek Staniszewski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, brosss said:

I had those 60 seconds spikes. My problem was solved after many hours of checking my gear and connections but in my case it was somethig else. I'm using Steam version and Steam main catalog was on other drive (HDD) than MSFS2020 (SSD). There was a steam process (i don't remember name right now) that run every 60 seconds and connect to MSFS. That caused 60 seconds spikes on my rig - right now Steam and MSFS are on same SSD and everything is good. Maybe that will help you. Regards.

This is interesting.  How did you resolve it?  Did you just drag the Steam folder to the same drive as MSFS or have to reinstall Steam and MSFS?

Thanks, Jack.

  • Like 1

Jack Sawyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...