Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperFortress

FATAL ERROR

Guest SuperFortress

So I decided to purchase the ASX and AXG bundle yesterday. I wanted to make sure everything worked properly so I did a complete uninstall of FSX. I then reinstalled FSX, SP1, June version of DirectX, ASX, and AXG. Now every time I create and start a flight I get a FATAL ERROR and the only option it gives me is to restart FSX. This happens a few seconds after the VC comes up. This is really annoying and I do not know how to proceed from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Guest SuperFortress

>Hi,>>.NET2.0 installed on your computer?>If you don't run ASX does this happen?>What video card and driver are you using?>>Thanks,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/I have NET 2.0 and 3.0 on my PC. I pretty much have every Microsoft update there is whether it's critical or not.This definitely happens even without ASX so I'm not about to start blaming ASXI have an XFX Geforce 7800GS 256MB card using the 158.45 Nvidia beta drivers. Previously I was using Nvidia's 94.24 drivers and I felt there was some stuttering. I tried these beta drivers because they seem to have reduced or eliminated my stuttering.Thank you

>So I decided to purchase the ASX and AXG bundle yesterday. I>wanted to make sure everything worked properly so I did a>complete uninstall of FSX. I then reinstalled FSX, SP1, June>version of DirectX, ASX, and AXG. Now every time I create and>start a flight I get a FATAL ERROR and the only option it>gives me is to restart FSX. This happens a few seconds after>the VC comes up. This is really annoying and I do not know how>to proceed from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.>Thank you,After you uninstalled FSX did you delete the FSX folder and the flight sim foles and folder under My Documents? It's possible you had something left over like maybe a dll or maybe a saved flight pointing to an aircraft that no longer exists or hasn't been reinstalled in your new FSX installation!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest SuperFortress

>After you uninstalled FSX did you delete the FSX folder and>the flight sim foles and folder under My Documents? It's>possible you had something left over like maybe a dll or maybe>a saved flight pointing to an aircraft that no longer exists>or hasn't been reinstalled in your new FSX installation!>Yup I deleted the entire folder under Program Files as well as the entire folder in My Documents.