Sign in to follow this  
vdae

Leonardo Maddog discount from P3D -> MSFS 2020?

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if owners of the Leonardo Maddog for P3D receive a discount on the Leonardo Maddog for MSFS 2020?

Kind regards,

Viggo.

Better stay on the P3D version if you like to fly the dog... the MSFS version is def not up to new standards - except the functions which are mostly great again. And that including VAT for 90 eur is just insane. Personal mileage will vary for sure if you can close your eyes on some issues.

Cheers T.

Edited by Torsen

The price is nuts and I haven’t heard anything from them in a long time so. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I was legit more excited about the mad dog then the other 2 big ones. Love the A/C and the p3d version was great. The launch for MSFS was kinda poor and lacking communication. The sounds are terrible and the cockpit is def not up to par with MSFS standards. Oh and the price is $90 which is madness. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Is Leonardo even active anymore? It's been a few months since we heard anything from them. Even their forums and Facebook page has gone pretty much silent. I loved the Maddog in P3D but under whelmed with the current MSFS2020 product. Kind of wished I would have waited now. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Yeah they were the last developer I would have expected to become so inactive. I know they have a small team. So hopefully they are ok.

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Don’t buy it.  I love(d) them in P3D.  But until they show more activity, I’d hold off.  There are some bugs that should have been long ago but they haven’t released any fixes/updates.   They haven’t even responded to anything within their own forums.

Having said that, the airplane is flyable and much more mature then anything Aerosoft.

Even if they released the MD-83/-87 in MSFS, I won’t buy until they show some attention to the base model.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

dev promptly responds to tickets and are aware of the texture, etc. feedback from users.  i'm sure they'll update the msfs version with efb like they had on the p3d version with navigraph support and upgraded vc textures.  maddog is a great plane to fly in the msfs world--so smooth (unlike p3d scenery that looked bad and had horrible frames and stutters).  for the price of 4 carenados, the maddog is a bargain.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Here is the latest from their Facebook page today. This was a response to a user.

We are back at work after the summer holidays, and running new beta builds among our testers, there are tons of things to add from the p3d version and fixes to test... and ours is a small team. Rather than make promises and big announcements we prefer to stay focused on the development and give updates when things are done.

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

56 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Here is the latest from their Facebook page today. This was a response to a user.

We are back at work after the summer holidays, and running new beta builds among our testers, there are tons of things to add from the p3d version and fixes to test... and ours is a small team. Rather than make promises and big announcements we prefer to stay focused on the development and give updates when things are done.

Something I already suspected. Say what they want about the Leonardo MD82 and not being vocal in the community. They still have the top 3 most simulated systems (behind Fenix and maybe PMDG) aircraft in total MSFS (they were top tier in FSX/P3D) catalog to date and only the complaints can be is textures and sounds. Textures don't bother me that much the sounds though uggh, without spending money on a extra sound pack. I did not have the P3D version, Im coming from FSX version and it was pretty good there too. I would give them another 6 months before I worry about updates from them other than that the MD82 works fine for me.

Edited by jbdbow1970

5 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

dev promptly responds to tickets

Can't agree.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a huge fan of the Maddog, I will keep my wallet closed for this one until they deliver a product that is acceptable in the present. Or cut the price by half.

• Like 3

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Alright, thanks for your replies, everyone! If it goes on sale any time soon, I will pick it up for P3D then!

Kind regards,

Viggo

I wish I could take the whole summer off!  In all seriousness this is great to read that they are back in the saddle again

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next