Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

Flight 1 MD Super 80 for FSX is out !!

Guest United

Forgive me if this news is posted elsewhere but Halpern, Espen and company just posted the new FSX upgrade to their MD S80 over at Flight1. You have to be a registered member of their forum to have known about it thought, it's not yet up on their main front page. It is a beauty too. The VC is aces and trumps anything I know of in a MD80 of in anything else for that matter save maybe the their FSX Level D 767 for FSX. FPS are really just like their LevelD 767 for FSX. I get slowdowns like I do with any FSX craft at big airports since I have aircraft (Ultimate Traffic for FSX) and airport vehicle densities at max, but get the bird in the air and my FPS with the VC are 30-40 and higher! I'm a happy camper, I really missed that bird from FS2004.Randy Jura, KPDXMid range Intel Duo Core 4 Gigs RamNVIDIA 7800ASX over SimmconnectRadar Contact 4.3

I really wanted to like that bird in FS9 but the amount of out-of-memory crashes I got when flying it left me with no other choice but to request a refund from Flight1.

Many Thanks, Randy. Will be "taking delivery" tonight!:-lol

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I'm not keen on this one due to the lousy flight dynamics in FS9 (plane taking off on its own with correct trim and flap settings and more).I did not request a refund and tried to wait for a fix which never arrived.Alex

Guest Jeff Berman

FSX upgrade is free for fs9 owners, I think you will be surprised. I'd certainly give it a try in FSX.

Guest dpc

Suprised is right. I have a valid key, it works in FS9 (until the oom of course) but all I have is red flagged gauges in FSX. Went to support, got a new key and still the same thing. Just frustrating. Between the FS9 OOM issue and now this on the first try, I've all but given up on this one.

Guest JimC1702

This is an awesome free update. Thanks to Flight 1. This is the only payware airliner I've owned. Now I just have to learn to fly it all over again. :)The install into FSX went very smooth once I remembered what credit card I'd used for the original purchase.Jim

Dave,Do you still have the FS9 version installed? It seems to need it, even if it's in a fake fs9 folder.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest dpc

After installing and deinstalling and reinstalling etc etc, it appears that you have to hit the splash screen in order for the gauges to work. FS9 version was working fine but I reinstalled anyway and that made no difference. When I started looking around at the menu options in the view menu, once I hit the splash screen, everything came alive.

Hi ,WOOWWW.....that`s great newsGreat package for a great sim...IMOAnd another show from Flight 1because the Update is free for FS 9 usersThats realy amazing and another fine part from Flight 1let`s see how fluid it may be in FSX...........regardsMario G

Hello,My mistake but just a word of caution - the Forum for the Super 80 had a download link to what I thought was the update - it did not work correctly for me. Maybe a prerelease version for members.I uninstalled it and went to the Flight One site and downloaded the FSX version from there. Used my old FS9 key and the install went fine. Works great now.Cheers,Ron SagelNear KCHS

Thanks Randy.. I downloaded and Installed it.I notice that, when you come into land, there used to be a sound as you descended ..with a high pitch sound when you are very close to touch down. I don't have that sound anymore. IS it, that they took that off the FSX version or is it just that It is not working for me...and I may have to reinstall.Can anyone confirm this for me please.ThanksManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I got this fixed. I just reinstalled it

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

cool!only thing I didn't like about that plane was that I wish they had used the EFIS one. nobody really flies that one anymore :(