Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Beta builds archive?

Hey folks,

Are Beta downloads available to download that aren't the latest?

Looking to get back 2.6.3.2 Public Beta 8B. I just installed 8D and now nothing works right. Primarily it wiped out most of my settings and cannot get any of my Amazon voices to now show, or my cereproc for that matter. Only way is if I choose use random and then add each, but although that is the only way to see my voices in a list, they don't work. I've had no issues with overwriting other beta builds until now. Typically, after I install, I simply go to the voices tab and set each drop down to my desired voice, but nothing at all shows. Same with chatter. Using the same method I've done for years and it's not working. Maybe the D build wasn't ready for download just yet. In any case, any chance the beta builds are archived somewhere. I don't see them available on the site. Only the latest beta.

Thanks,

Dan

MSFS here

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Just tried the next possible beta download, 2.6.3.2 PublicBeta 6, and same issues. Voices tab shows zero voices. Not even the default windows voices. I rebooted each time and have FSuipc running, though that wouldn't matter in this case.

Going to uninstall completely and try the normal base version...

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan. This sounds like something unrelated to the Beta installation.

It's possible that some of the files in the Settings folder may have somehow become corrupt, that would explain losing the some of the settings.

A complete reinstall of the base 2.6.3.1 version with the Navigraph or NavDataPro data should restore everything back to default.  After you see that it works, you should be able to install the Beta 8D again.  

If the voices don't show up after that, then the problem might be with the Windows voice installations which would need to be reinstalled.

Dave

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

Doubt an issue just came out of nowhere since I just finished a flight and decided to check some of my payware sites for any recent updates and saw there were two beta builds since I last updated to 8B, and that is all I did. Didn't even reboot from my last flight where my voices worked just fine. Only reboots have been in reinstalling p2a as just in case scenarios. I'll try as suggested though.

Dan Prunier

I reinstalled the base version with navigraph and all works like before. I just activated but have to run out for a bit and wanted to update. I'll try "D" again when I get back.

As always, thanks for the help, Dave!

Another side note, after uninstalling I did a complete computer search for the other p2a folders and files. Found all my old beta zips in the windows temp folder. Guess I should empty that once in a while, haha. Some of those files go back several months.

Dan Prunier

Glad you got going again.

Because of the major changes in Betas 7 and 8, I do have a download for Public Beta 6 still available on the Public Betas page.

Dave

Did a couple of tests and all is good again. I got my AWS voices back and chatter voices working. Only thing still making me scratch my head is my "Say it" keyboard short cut and chatter toggle short cut will not work, even though they are enabled and set. They will work once after I set them and close the config/dialog, but then no more. No other addon use those keys and I removed them and validated the emptied keys in MSFS to be sure there wasn't a conflict. It's not a rights saving issue or anything. I always seem to breeze through a reinstall until this issue and do know I never did anything different, it just eventually worked, so I'll continue forward.

Thanks again!

Dan Prunier

The only thing I can think of that might cause this behavior is if you have the "Require P2A or SIM Focus" option checked, and you try and use one of the HotKeys while those programs are not the selected Windows program.

Dave