Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Eaglesoft CJ1 or Citation II

What is the best of the two add-on cessna planes from Eaglesoft.the CJ1 or the Citation II (slowtation eheh)

Guest dpc

The CJI (imho) is better in FS9 than the CJII. The Citation II is also available FSX. It is much better in FSX.

better in FSX? just curious better as to what? like what is better? I have both CJ and CII on FS9, and I'd like to know the diff to see :(

Guest dpc

So as mentioned, the CJII is available for FSX. The graphics are better in FSX particularly in VC. It is easier to read. Also, I prefer the flight model as it is in FSX. I've read that it is more accurate but I don't have the professional experience to validate that. All I is that it feels better to me. Also has a couple of nice additional bells and whistles, like the functioning generator cart and improved default aviounics.

Thanks Dave, just an FYI for those havent read the recent news here. The CII is also available for FSX and the discount coupon expires July 20th.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest dpc

:-lol Ya, that's what I meant. The CII. Love it FSX. Good stuff Ron.

>Also has a couple of nice additional bells and whistles,>like the functioning generator cart and improved default>aviounics.Be sure not to miss the update just released, which - among other things - adds the fully automatic Precise Flight, Inc. Pulselite System to the FSX CII SP/2... It should help prevent "birdstrikes" in FSX, as well as help in collision avoidance! :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

$23.95 is regular price on FSX CII, discount coupon makes it $16.77. It's outlined on the Coupon Page :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi Ron,What is the status of Citation X for FSX?Jimmy

Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.7GHz), 2TB Patriot ViperVP4100 NVMe M.2 SSD , 3TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD, 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Quad ChMemory, EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Custom Water Block), Samsung QLED 32”, Windows 98😀

CX 2.0 is under development and is progressing well:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

So Dave, I'm a little confused. I believe you meant to say CII, not CJII, correct (you seem to have corrected yourself above). Also, both the CJ and CII are available for FSX. Are you saying, if I were to choose one of them, you prefer the CII for FSX over the CJ for FSX?Any idea how accurate the avionics are in the CJ and CII? What features are missing? (No knock on ESDG here, as it is my understanding that full compliance is near impossible, especially given the price charged for the software. I just want to understand where the discrepancies are.)Thanks!Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

No discrepencies that we are aware of. The CJ1 uses a limited feature set of "Glass" Pro Line 21 Avionics while the CII uses an older combination of "Steam Gauges" and Eaglesoft Sandel 3308/GNS 530.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

? Um, that says two things - "No discrepencies that we are aware of."and"The CJ1 uses a limited feature set of "Glass" Pro Line 21 Avionics..."Is it limited in the real CJ1, too? Or are your avionics a subset of what is in the real CJ1? If yours are a subset, do you mind describing what's missing?As I noted, I'm not complaining, I'd just like to know what I would be missing if I purchased the plane.Thanks!Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

It simply means the features included are accurate to the real Collins Pro Line 21 series. The FMS and ND portion of the MFD are limited in functionality at this price point.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png