Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Where Were You 25 Years Ago Today? aks the front page...

Guest Dominique

...adding Without that day, we probably would not be here doing our thing in Flight Simulation today/.../It was the day that the personal computer was first sold to the public Well, in August 1981 I was playing FS1 and another sim the name of which have slipped from my aging mind with my 48 K Apple ][. I switched long ago to the PC world but, hey guys, flightsimming preexisted to the PC :-hah :-lol !

I wasn't born yet. ;-) Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Well at work I was 2 years working as a computer operator on a DEC PDP 11/70 Mini Computer! At home I was playing on my Commodore PET 2001 with a whooping 32K Mem (Upgraded from the original 8K Mem), a Chicklet keyboard and a cassette player. I did add a floppy drive at one point. Why I didn't go for the Apple at that time I'm still knocking my head over. It was vastly superior to the PET then. At the time I was saving up for my first car, so I couldn't afford the original PC so my first one was a IBM PC jr. I ran MSFS 1.0 and 2.0 on that. All told over the years, I had 11 PC's (That I can remember, may have been more!) plus the PET and a Commodore 64. Edit: Just remembered 2 more for a total of 13 PC's all Intel. (I never could bring myself to go AMD, but I'm seriously thiking about it for my next system!!)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Antigua (TAPA) with a sailboat!!!And hair on top of my head.Now I have a job in Dallas :-(

Guest Whisperjet

Got married on the 8th and was on the Island of Jersey on the 12th.25 years later was in Jersey on the 8th and had a party on the 12th ;-)At this party someone (the wife) had the bright idea of making the wedding album available for everyone to "have a good laugh at!!??!!"Well they did...and I was one of them especially when I saw how much hair I had then (not a lot now but hey! I don't give a ....)*:-* This was an unashamed "Congratulations" plug to me and "she who must be obeyed" Thanks for listening!:-wave

Some of you are very young!!I was only 8 years old, but at least I can remember U.S. President Carter!Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

In August 1981, I was still in two halves.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I had just graduated high school and the computer on my desk would have taken up a whole room.D. Fisher

I was living breathing and doing motorcycle road racing.Tom,You wish :-) LOL

Dave Taylor gb.png

I was studying Ancient and Medieval History at Manchester University.Very useful stuff..;-) Ian

>I was studying Ancient and Medieval History at Manchester>University.>>Very useful stuff..;-) >>IanSounds like my kind of scholar.I was also in diapers, but already planning out camera angles and dramatic scenes.

>Antigua (TAPA) with a sailboat!!!>>And hair on top of my head.>>Now I have a job in Dallas :-(>Lets see, I was 10 and the most important thing in my life were my matchbox cars and the Dukes of Hazzard. Almost as good as being on a sailboat in Antigua. Now, I still have hair but I don't have a job.Frankly, I think both of us got the short end of the stick.;)

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad