Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Another Freeware Masterpiece

Very well done, thanks!

Here is a comparison with a real pic i shoot last month, looks very close to the real one, cheers to the author.

vilnius.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, the amount of good freeware is a blessing. Thanks for posting this find. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Awesome, just downloaded this one!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Scenery is Borked,elevation problem's everywhere,sunken terminal.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

If you are using GSX, you need to disable the jetways for EYVI in the GSX settings. That should fix it.

Edited by Johan217

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

8 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

The fix is in the first comments on the first page of the addon on flightsim.to.

At the risk of a dumb question, how does one install this scenery?  The downloaded file is called "EYVI Vilnius Intl v1.6.0_FJjSL.rar".  Where do I go from here?  Double-clicking on it does not do anything.

Thanks,

Rush

A "rar" file is a compressed archive, like a zip file, but Windows doesn't contain any support "out of the box" to open rar files. You'll need to get a decompressor that understands rar files, such as WinRAR or 7-Zip.

IIUC, rar files are supposed to compress a bit better, but to me the relatively small gain has never seemed worth it given the downside that most OSs can't open rar files without installing additional tools. 

• Like 3

@Ricardo41 Just a suggestion for you: The next time you want to quickly showcase an Airport, you should hop into the drone cam, fly the drone somewhere with an overview of the Airport and then take your screenshot.

I was confused by your shots at first, because I thought you wanted to showcase the Hondajet.

10 minutes ago, Farlis said:

@Ricardo41 Just a suggestion for you: The next time you want to quickly showcase an Airport, you should hop into the drone cam, fly the drone somewhere with an overview of the Airport and then take your screenshot.

I was confused by your shots at first, because I thought you wanted to showcase the Hondajet.

Yes, and decent light levels helps as well.  The second shot would have been better during decent daylight hours.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, and decent light levels helps as well.  The second shot would have been better during decent daylight hours.

I only fly real time. Click the link I provided and see for yourself.