Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Update 10, DX12 (latest released nVidia driver) FSR2.0.5 ...

CPU: i7-980 Extreme 4 core

GPU FTW 1070 (non Ti)

Total System Memory: 12 GB (max allowed for my Dell Motherboard)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The performance of Update 10, and the latest nVidia (just released) has been nothing but ***stupendous***!

Adding in all the fixes and enhancement to FSR2.0.5 (just released) has given me the absolute BEST animation and a totally believable real world (head movement and aural effects) in all my 45 years at this hobby.   I am beyond the words; thrilled and satisfied!

Installing FSR2.0.5 brought the entire 'flight experience' to actually at the total in-cabin real life environment  and believability.   With the DX12 in-sim BETA in place, and the latest nVidia Driver Suite, (didn't even get this beyond belief animation fluidity with the prior latest) I am having the best flight simulation experience EVER, even taking into account any of my three installed flight sim's.

On my above mentioned system, I am getting with all settings at Ultra, and both LODS set to 200,   a never go below 29 FPS, and peaks into 33 FPS.   Any stutter event, even of a micro nature has vanished.

This is even with Real Time weather in heavy cloud and rain.

I truly realize that I will never again fire up my XP11 franchise now...not with always running over Google 1 maps.....and that I can truly now walk away from my Orbx and other software collections, the reams of GB's of Ortho4XP tiles...and not have any regrets. It will now be deleted to reclaim hundreds of GB's of system storage.

MSFS Update 10, using even DX 12 in BETA, and only one program, (I have others, ..but the most noted to bring home the most authentic sense of real world flight  having both Alternative maps, and FSR2.0.5 is the most believable sense of being in a real plane (I fly only G.A. with my preference the Cessna 172 Float) to have ever come up on my computer screen.

Folks, I am BEYOND the word,  happy and sim contented.  MSFS Update 10 is is giving me simply stupendous performance, with an older GPU not costing multi thousands of dollars.   At 29/33 FPS,  the sim is now visually indistinguishable  from real world animation. In my opinion. I am the one sitting in front of my computer monitor. For that, my personal opinion is all that matters in front of me.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 7

Always thought FSR was an AMD graphics card thing.
Did a little search and ended up with FSR2.1.1 and not 2.0.5.
Wanted to give it a try.

Unzipped the zip:
Started with the readme which contains a QuickStart Check List:
First line of this is:
1. Double click [`GenerateSolutions.bat`](build/GenerateSolutions.bat) in the [`build`](build) directory.
and then the problem begun.

In the zip there is no GenerateSolution.bat, nor is there build directory.
And then i'm already stuck.

It's not late 1980 anymore, this is 2022. It should be download, open, install ready to go.... seems not. Or do i miss something?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Was he talking about FS Realistic?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Who knows?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The performance of Update 10, and the latest nVidia (just released) has been nothing but ***stupendous***!

Adding in all the fixes and enhancement to FSR2.0.5 (just released) has given me the absolute BEST animation and a totally believable real world (head movement and aural effects) in all my 45 years at this hobby.   I am beyond the words; thrilled and satisfied!

Installing FSR2.0.5 brought the entire 'flight experience' to actually at the total in-cabin real life environment  and believability.   With the DX12 in-sim BETA in place, and the latest nVidia Driver Suite, (didn't even get this beyond belief animation fluidity with the prior latest) I am having the best flight simulation experience EVER, even taking into account any of my three installed flight sim's.

On my above mentioned system, I am getting with all settings at Ultra, and both LODS set to 200,   a never go below 29 FPS, and peaks into 33 FPS.   Any stutter event, even of a micro nature has vanished.

This is even with Real Time weather in heavy cloud and rain.

I truly realize that I will never again fire up my XP11 franchise now...not with always running over Google 1 maps.....and that I can truly now walk away from my Orbx and other software collections, the reams of GB's of Ortho4XP tiles...and not have any regrets. It will now be deleted to reclaim hundreds of GB's of system storage.

MSFS Update 10, using even DX 12 in BETA, and only one program, (I have others, ..but the most noted to bring home the most authentic sense of real world flight  having both Alternative maps, and FSR2.0.5 is the most believable sense of being in a real plane (I fly only G.A. with my preference the Cessna 172 Float) to have ever come up on my computer screen.

Folks, I am BEYOND the word,  happy and sim contented.  MSFS Update 10 is is giving me simply stupendous performance, with an older GPU not costing multi thousands of dollars.   At 29/33 FPS,  the sim is now visually indistinguishable  from real world animation. In my opinion. I am the one sitting in front of my computer monitor. For that, my personal opinion is all that matters in front of me.

Happy to hear.. I'm also one of those who moved away from the pains of XP and other legacy sims onto MSFS in the early days even with all its warts (the freeware aircraft mods were key then, now we're spoilt for choice from a plethora of great 3rd party aircraft)... currently with SU10, and what looks to be a huge set of improvements coming in SU11 along with all the high fidelity free aircraft plus helis and gliders, it truly is the all-rounder sim and IMO best-in-class now when it comes to almost all aspects of flight simulation serving a wide spectrum of users and needs, with performance to boot. And we get to keep enjoying SU after SU, world update after world update, all of which keep moving the sim forward, and hopefully the remaining areas needing improvement like AI aircraft, traffic, ATC, seasons, etc will be addressed then. Can't also forget all the pending 3rd party birds like the PMDG 777/747, A2A Comanche, FBW A380, etc. Got nearly 40 years in the hobby too having used various sims, and yes agreed it's the best it's ever been with MSFS, and could've never imagined in the early days of what we have now.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I want to join @Sesquashtoo and @lwt1971 in voicing my amazement and gratitude for the spectacular state of MSFS, which runs beautifully even on my seven-year-old system. I remember when we first saw the announcement video for MSFS. I was dazzled of course, but I had no thought that this new sim could possibly run on my aging computer. I thought I'd surely have to buy a new machine to run this beast. Thankfully, I was wrong. When tuned properly, MSFS runs very smoothly on almost any computer built in recent years. This outstanding performance speaks to the efficiency of the code underlying MSFS. Asobo is to be praised in the highest possible terms. Asobo eliminated the technical debt -- detailed so well by @abrams_tank -- that continues to retard the progress of off-brand simulators. It's easy to run a program smoothly on a brand-new, state-of-the-art system. But running something as horrendously complex as a flight simulator on an old computer like mine -- and making it look and perform beautifully -- borders on true magic. 

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 9

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 hours ago, RobJC said:

Was he talking about FS Realistic?

3 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Who knows?

Nope. FSR is a new option in the SU11b. I think you need to have DX12 enabled for it to show up, but in non-VR mode, it looks amazing. Much better than TAA and DLSS (IMO) and decent performance gains. Zero shimmering and getting around 50-60 FPS. Been flying in the new King Air, so not the toughest plane on the system, but flying out of ORBX KVNY is pretty hefty and it appears to do well there.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by V1ROTA7E
  • Like 3

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I need clarification. After reading @Sesquashtoo's OP, I did a Google search and read about FSR, and then downloaded the open-source files (but have not yet installed them). After seeing @V1ROTA7E's post above, is my assumption correct that this new FSR technology is already built-in to the SU11 beta? So I really don't need to install anything? I just need to wait for SU11? My 1070 card is supported.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I also gave a try today at the FSR option within msfs without further software installation, even though i own a 2800ti. This plus the dsr feature (x1,75) at 1440 res. , ultra setting offers me a superb sharp hdr image with no stuttering at all, i am a happy flyer 😎.

Edit: that brings two questions:

How can a AMD piece of software work better than nvidia own driver on an nvidia card ?

Do the manufactures really extract all the possible juice from their hardware ?

Edited by webstef68
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Nope. FSR is a new option in the SU11b. I think you need to have DX12 enabled for it to show up, but in non-VR mode, it looks amazing. Much better than TAA and DLSS (IMO) and decent performance gains. Zero shimmering and getting around 50-60 FPS. Been flying in the new King Air, so not the toughest plane on the system, but flying out of ORBX KVNY is pretty hefty and it appears to do well there.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The OP is clear about being in SU10 so it could be FSRealistic?

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

34 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Nope. FSR is a new option in the SU11b. I think you need to have DX12 enabled for it to show up,

spacer.pngspacer.png

14 minutes ago, David Mills said:

is my assumption correct that this new FSR technology is already built-in to the SU11 beta?

Looking at the config screenshot it's indeed AMD FSR what it's all about and not FSRealistic which is at version 2.0.5).
And then the tittle of the topic talks about "Update 10".
So the topic tittle messes up 3 things:
1: Update 10 referring to SU10 which in fact should be SU11beta (if the topic goes about AMD FSR)
2: FSR which can stand for the AMD FSR technology (which currently sits at version 2.1.1).
3: or, if i take the version number that's added into account, FSR could mean FSRealistic.

Talking about a confusing topic tittle i would at least plead for people posting stuff about the beta that they put BETA: in front of the topic tittle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webstef68 said:

I also gave a try today at the FSR option within msfs without further software installation, even though i own a 2800ti. This plus the dsr feature (x1,75) at 1440 res. , ultra setting offers me a superb sharp hdr image with no stuttering at all, i am a happy flyer 😎.

Edit: that brings two questions:

How can a AMD piece of software work better than nvidia own driver on an nvidia card ?

Do the manufactures really extract all the possible juice from their hardware ?

Does FSR 2 have the same limitation as DLSS when it comes to blurry cockpit displays?

• Like 2

It seems clear to me that he mentions things such as head movement, and FSRealistic has just been updated to version 2.05, with lots of great improvements, so he was on about that, and the state of the sim in general.

Interesting about AMD FSR though that seems to have come about as an accidental side subject to this thread. :smile:.  I didn't know Nvidia cards could use it.  If it adds performance without the DLSS fuzzy flat screen instruments issue, it could be a good alternative.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

It seems clear to me that he mentions things such as head movement, and FSRealistic has just been updated to version 2.05, with lots of great improvements, so he was on about that, and the state of the sim in general.

Interesting about AMD FSR though that seems to have come about as an accidental side subject to this thread. :smile:.  I didn't know Nvidia cards could use it.  If it adds performance without the DLSS fuzzy flat screen instruments issue, it could be a good alternative.

I am very interesed in that too.

• Like 1