Sign in to follow this  
vin747

Landing the FENIX 320

This is why Asobo needs a better and standardized templating system on part of their interactive modeling (how MSFS interacts with custom devs flight models), so people can actually use the flight models without having to invent their own proprietary methods. MSFS is great software overall, but the landings are troublesome in many planes, and the Fenix is probably less troublesome than most. There are too tiny of margins on the landing speed you have to hit in most planes, unlike the real world where being off a few kts usually makes almost no difference, it can bounce you in MSFS.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Aamir mentions a forum area for verified customers.  Where can that forum area be found?  Could not find it on their website.

Thanks,

Rush

Edited by pilotwannabe

25 minutes ago, pilotwannabe said:

Aamir mentions a forum area for verified customers.  Where can that forum area be found?  Could not find it on their website.

Thanks,

Rush

The Fenix Forum is on the discord app. Once you join the discord you can link your discord with your profile on the Fenix website so that you're a verified user, and then you can get access to the forums within the Discord app. It works like a regular forum and looks really good, it's just inside Discord...

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 minutes ago, WestAir said:

The Fenix Forum is on the discord app. Once you join the discord you can link your discord with your profile on the Fenix website so that you're a verified user, and then you can get access to the forums within the Discord app. It works like a regular forum and looks really good, it's just inside Discord...

I resisted starting with Discord about a year ago, and once I started with Discord I visit there sometimes several times a day. Information on the G 1000 NXI, the Fenix, The Kodiak, The C 310, etc... It can't be beat. Often I ask a question and within minutes I get an answer, many times from the developer.  I love it.   

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

Once you join the discord you can link your discord with your profile on the Fenix website so that you're a verified user

Deleted my question..............found the answer. Apologies for causing some confusion.

Edited by hvw
Additional information

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

8 hours ago, flyhalf said:

I've gone off the Fenix in recent weeks. The FBW 320 to me is perfect and much better performing, for some reason that I don't care about. The gap between the two is extremely small now.

agreed.

14ppkc-6.png

This landing issue reminds me when PMDG started tweaking the Tiller Steering on all there planes. By the numbers the planes were taxing as the the math adds up on a real aircraft but in the P3D it was awful. They finally had to come up with a compromise.

I just want to be able to land the plane. If the numbers are incorrect, then so be it. It’s a sim, not a real Airbus.

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

This is fantastic explanation and interesting insight into the development. Much appreciated and makes me feel like my money was well spent with this developer. 

I had an awful landing last night in KBOS similar to everyone else's it appears. She floated down the runway and  hen dropped like a rock and bounced. I just bought it this weekend so I had never flown a previous version, I thought it was me. I am able to butter landing in the CRJ and 737 so I figured something might be off.  

Best,

• Like 1

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

On 10/17/2022 at 9:46 PM, Wise87 said:

This landing issue reminds me when PMDG started tweaking the Tiller Steering on all there planes. By the numbers the planes were taxing as the the math adds up on a real aircraft but in the P3D it was awful. They finally had to come up with a compromise.

I just want to be able to land the plane. If the numbers are incorrect, then so be it. It’s a sim, not a real Airbus.

again, agreed.  

14ppkc-6.png

What.... no one shouting as soon as as any topic comes to realism and the wish for having perfect flight physics and realistic instruments and system depth and a perfect MCDU (or FMC in Boeings):

"But IT`S A GAME who cares about real numbers real procedures and realism. IT`S ONLY A GAME!!! Get over it it´s only a GAME, the only thing important is 9999999999999 FPS, you are not here to become a real pilot only to play a flying-videogame so get over it when some things are different than in real cockpits, because no one cares if there is realism in a game. And X-Plane and DCS are nothing but games too. What did you say it´s a flight simulator - no it´s just a game! Because the 30 year old and beloved flight-sim-genre is officially no longer existent since two months ago that stupid it´s-only-a-game meme was invented by someone and repeated a dozen times since then in all forums and Discord chats, and all of you are adult kiddys only here to play this pretend-to-be-a-pilot-flying-game!"

No "but-it´s-a-game!" comments so far whenever any forum thread scratches the topic "realism and wish for realism and perfect physics and system depth?

Veeery good! - I begin to like this forum 🙂 and I absolutely LOVE that awesome Fenix. Can´t wait for the next update and especially the IAE turbines I have enjoyed so many hours in real life right next to my seat.

• Like 1

I don't have issues with hand flying but there's something wrong with the ground effect. When you get over the threshold the thing just becomes unstable screwing up the flare.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

1 minute ago, VBHB said:

I don't have issues with hand flying but there's something wrong with the ground effect. When you get over the threshold the thing just becomes unstable screwing up the flare.

Someone said there is supposed to be an update by the end of this week. I will believe it when I see it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Someone said there is supposed to be an update by the end of this week. I will believe it when I see it. 

I’m following also but things do happen so I’m not getting my hopes up. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I've been trying different methods to bring this bird onto the deck in one piece. Thought i had it at one stage but nope.

Went back to the 737 after a bit and there is a world of difference between the two.

There is definitely an issue, but in my opinion its not ground effect. It starts well before that.

The 737 was so stable hand flying from 2000ft out, yet i was fighting the A320 all the way in, benign conditions.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't know who the someone is but as far as we're concerned we've never shared any concrete timeframes. "As soon as possible" is the answer. 

6 minutes ago, pan pan pan said:

I've been trying different methods to bring this bird onto the deck in one piece. Thought i had it at one stage but nope.

Went back to the 737 after a bit and there is a world of difference between the two.

There is definitely an issue, but in my opinion its not ground effect. It starts well before that.

The 737 was so stable hand flying from 2000ft out, yet i was fighting the A320 all the way in, benign conditions.

Would highly recommend reading my post just one page prior. 

• Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker