Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

FSNAV 5

Hello,For those who have been watching and waiting for FSNAV 5, it seems we have a great mystery as to whether or not there is going to be a new version.My question is, isn't there some software company or someone who knows how to develop software, who can put out a very similar product?It seems there are many of us who are waiting for this product that is willing to spend the money for it....Someone could make a lot of money off this!!IMHO,Paul

Gosh....I almost had an heart attack!I thought you were telling us it was released... *:-* There is already a bunch of posts about that Paul and we are all crossing fingers to see FSNav5 soon :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>Hello,>>For those who have been watching and waiting for FSNAV 5, it>seems we have a great mystery as to whether or not there is>going to be a new version.>>My question is, isn't there some software company or someone>who knows how to develop software, who can put out a very>similar product?>>It seems there are many of us who are waiting for this product>that is willing to spend the money for it....Someone could>make a lot of money off this!!>>IMHO,>>PaulNo mystery at all, Paul. Helge said he will have a new version late 2007 - period. He's a programmer not a pr person and he works alone so conbtunual updates saying coming soon are not his style. I don't expect to hear anything until he's almost ready.Visit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

He didn't say late 2007, he said mid 2007. Guess his timeline is almost over.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Len

Yep he said mid-2007 which is now past. But I don't see anything out there which meets all my needs in flight planning combo moving map like FSNav. So I'll wait patiently for it.

Kind of depends upon what one interprets to be mid year. I thought Early is January, Feb. Mar. and April. Mid is May, June, July, August. Late is Sept. Oct. Nov. and Dec. By this interpretation, we are in the middle of the mid-year period with almost two months to go before it ends.Just one man's opinion, and I thought I was the impatient one (My wife sure says so). Considerning how late some offerings have been relative to predictions, seems to me FSNAV is still possibly right on the money with almost eight weeks to go to still be within the envelope.I sure hope so, or even if it is later, I will greatly appreciate the contribution, although I am beginning to migrate back into FS9 more and more with NO stutters, NO texture fades, Everything maxed out, Gobs of addons, and smooth as silk. (Now I am showing my impatience). Respectfully:RTH

>My question is, isn't there some software company or someone who knows how to develop software, who can put out a very similar product?http://www.fscommander.com/But just to show you can't please everyone, some want to be able to run FSNav on a second PC, i.e. not as a FS module, FSCommander can be run on a second PC.Some don't like FSCommander becaause you can't run it from within FS - such is life :-roll

Guest Hocking

Most people have already switched over to FSCommander it would appear. It is becoming a very popular program, and now that many have tried it, they are sticking to it. Give them a try and quite waiting on software that may never become available. I think FSX may have outgrown FSNav.

I need add-on programs to run on a networked client. I am unable to use Alt-Tab to switch to another program and return to FSX. FSNav was the perfect program when on VATSIM and the early days of simming before FMC's and high quality GPS's, guided taxi lines etc. I now use FSCommander with FSMM (free ware version) and have the best of both worlds. Moving US sectionals (MM), FSCommander with AI traffic, ATC controls zones, all Navaids, cities, airports etc. Plus Radar Contact 4.3 and ASX/AXG. All of which I can open/close and modify without affecting the cockpit view and wrecking a flight with Alt-Tab. I would only be able to use FSNAV 5 if it could be networked, which I assume should be doable with simmconnect. We will see.Bob..

As far as I am concerned, I don't quite understand the attraction of FSNAV. I have had it for years, but it think that of all the flight planners, I has been the weakest of them all.Sure, it's a nice product with a great moving map, but other products have filled the void a long time ago (Electronic Flight Bag from SimWidgets, Flightsim Commander, Flight Keeper, etc.). Some of them are already available for FSX.The planning features of FSNAV are basic at best, with no wind/winds aloft calculations, like FS Build, which is absolutely crucial for flight planning.For those true hardcore pilots out there, I'd recommend a good (virtual) handheld GPS or just use the instruments - just like it is done in real life. Pat

>Most people have already switched over to FSCommander it>would appear. It is becoming a very popular program, and now>that many have tried it, they are sticking to it. Give them a>try and quite waiting on software that may never become>available. I think FSX may have outgrown FSNav.Weel, I wouldn't make that assumption, FS Nav v5 whenever it comes out will have been worth waiting for, IMHO.Only thing that I think FSX has outgrown is its hat size....:-hah Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg