Sign in to follow this  
MaxwellZH

Which EFB are you using?

I would like to choose an EFB application to help me with my VFR flights.

I see there are Sky4Sim, Sim-EFB, FSKneeboard, etc. What are you guys using? What are the pros and cons?

Depending on what functionality you're looking for, the server ability of Little Navmap might fit the bill, for free.  You can have a moving map with ownship position and airport / navaid information on any device.

Andrew Crowley

I have all 3. Currently I use Sky4sim which I hacked a touch to take the server feed from LittleNavMap so I have it as a handy ingamepanel in VR. I haven't used the others in a while so I'm afraid I can't remember what I didn't like about them. Actually I have 4th one too - the one I made myself but I haven't done anything with it for a long time now: https://flightsim.to/file/9001/ebag-electronic-flight-bag-also-works-in-vr

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

24 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Depending on what functionality you're looking for, the server ability of Little Navmap might fit the bill, for free.  You can have a moving map with ownship position and airport / navaid information on any device.

I know about LNM, but I think its in-game function is a little bit weak. Basically you can only look at things instead of doing something in-game like adding waypoint, switching map layers. That's why I'm looking for a in-game panel EFB.

28 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

I have all 3. Currently I use Sky4sim which I hacked a touch to take the server feed from LittleNavMap so I have it as a handy ingamepanel in VR. I haven't used the others in a while so I'm afraid I can't remember what I didn't like about them. Actually I have 4th one too - the one I made myself but I haven't done anything with it for a long time now: https://flightsim.to/file/9001/ebag-electronic-flight-bag-also-works-in-vr

Having Sky4sim with LNM seems cool, wonder how you did it. Thank you for your reply!

59 minutes ago, MaxwellZH said:

I would like to choose an EFB application to help me with my VFR flights.

I see there are Sky4Sim, Sim-EFB, FSKneeboard, etc. What are you guys using? What are the pros and cons?

I use Aivlasoft’s EFB in P3D for IFR but it’s also compatible with MSFS. 30 day free trial. Once purchased a Navigraph subscription will ensure your data is up to date.

https://www.aivlasoft.com

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I use Aivlasoft’s EFB in P3D for IFR but it’s also compatible with MSFS. 30 day free trial. Once purchased a Navigraph subscription will ensure your data is up to date.

https://www.aivlasoft.com

During my search I did notice Aivlasoft. However, for me it is a little bit expensive and seems way too professional. But having a free trial is nice, I will check it out for sure.

13 minutes ago, MaxwellZH said:

During my search I did notice Aivlasoft. However, for me it is a little bit expensive and seems way too professional. But having a free trial is nice, I will check it out for sure.

Yes, the program costs more than others but is powerful and flexible. You can run the server program on the FS PC but with the map on a second PC. It includes SIDs and STARs for IFR but if you’re flying purely VFR then LittleNavmap is probably best.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes, the program costs more than others but is powerful and flexible. You can run the server program on the FS PC but with the map on a second PC. It includes SIDs and STARs for IFR but if you’re flying purely VFR then LittleNavmap is probably best.

Yes, it's pretty much IFR oriented. Soon enough though, the navigraph webpage will offer some very compelling VFR options as well

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Yes, it's pretty much IFR oriented. Soon enough though, the navigraph webpage will offer some very compelling VFR options as well

I have Navigraph subscription. After I saw your post, I did some search and it's true! I'm very happy that they are going to provide VFR as well! Thank you for your information

53 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I fly both VFR and IFR, will definitely check it out. Thank you for your reply! 

2 minutes ago, MaxwellZH said:

I fly both VFR and IFR, will definitely check it out. Thank you for your reply! 

In that case give it serious consideration. Once purchased running costs are pretty low with a Navigraph sub. The support is excellent too.

I find it particularly helpful when flying an aircraft that uses GPS. I can edit the plan in EFB to include extra waypoints and they’re picked up straight away. So easy compared to editing using the simulator planner.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

44 minutes ago, MaxwellZH said:

I have Navigraph subscription. After I saw your post, I did some search and it's true! I'm very happy that they are going to provide VFR as well! Thank you for your information

All I can say at this point without braking NDA is that it looks really nice.