Sign in to follow this  

Bad FPS in major cities

>There was a problem AA and AF not being recognized in FSX with>version 7.4, and 7.5, but it seems to be fixed in 7.6 (Atleast>for me)Thanks!!! Ever since I installed FSX, I've had the 7.4 drivers on my system. Since I was getting jaggies even with AA/AF turned on full, I decided that must be an unchangable "feature" of FSX. After reading this thread, I upgraded to the 7.6 driver plus ATI Tray Tools instead of CCC. First time I tried it out, I could hardly believe how beautiful FSX looked. Not a single jaggie! And, while it might just be my illusion, it seems the high-detail radius drastically increased as well.On the down side, I started getting stutters, and my FPS over Seattle dropped from 20 to around 15-18. But I think I can safely say, since this only occured when I finally had AA/AF turned on for real, that my video card is almost certainly the weakest link. Methinks I have a graphics card upgrade in my future...

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

This may sound stupid considering you have apparently tried reduced settings, so you probably don't, but do you have light bloom and/or lens flare on? That would definitely account for the low FPS you are seeing if it were!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You're right Jim, and since there apparently was no reason to dig up an old post I'm locking it.

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11