Sign in to follow this  

Bad FPS in major cities

Hello folks,I am going out of my mind here: FPS are moving between 10-20 at KSEA with autogen on normal and scenery density is also on normal.I set visiblity at 20miles i have no AI airplane traffic and only cars traffic at 30%.I modified the fsx.cfg file with the fiber =0.33 and some other autogen settings (i read it at the PMDG site)What am i doing wonrg ?I installed the latest chipset driver + videocard driverPlease help..

yeah i even tried without autogen but they FPS only improved in 1-2fps which is unacceptable...I even reduced the size of the cloud texture...

Maybe your computer is too old...?Anyway, you give the impression fps is awesome when you are not above a major city: how is fps above barren land? Indeed a LOT better or not that much? It's not clear now if fps is low only due to the major city. If fps is low everywhere than there is no real problem, apart from your computer noet being up to it. ;) If there is a huge difference there might be a problem, but we need more info for that (system etc.).

in places far from major cities the FPS is 30-32fps.My computer is E6600 @ 2.8GHZ | 2GIGS croasir XMS PC6400 | X1900XT 512MB even the image quality is very very bad compared to FS9

>in places far from major cities the FPS is 30-32fps.>>My computer is E6600 @ 2.8GHZ | 2GIGS croasir XMS PC6400 |>X1900XT 512MB >>even the image quality is very very bad compared to FS9Your graphics card may be the limiting factor I think.

ATI USERS:what is the best driver for it ?I am on the lastest one but even with AA set to x4 and AF set to x16 i can still see severe juggies and blurry groud texture

>>in places far from major cities the FPS is 30-32fps.>>>>My computer is E6600 @ 2.8GHZ | 2GIGS croasir XMS PC6400 |>>X1900XT 512MB >>>>even the image quality is very very bad compared to FS9>>Your graphics card may be the limiting factor I think. >No that's not the problem, he has one of the best there is! I have the X1950XTX which is just a little faster than his, and get frame rates in the 30's on the ground at KSEA with dense autogen, extremely dense scenery, water at 2xlow and 100% airline traffic, (Large traffic file). It's got to be in his config somewhere!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>ATI USERS:>>what is the best driver for it ?>>I am on the lastest one but even with AA set to x4 and AF set>to x16 i can still see severe juggies and blurry groud>textureI use the latest release also which is 7.6! I also do not use the CCC I use Ray Adam's ATI TRAY TOOLs, as it uses less system resources! Also you have more flexibility in tweaking the card! For instance you can turn off geometry instancing which will give you about 4 extra FPS! The CCC should work! There was a problem AA and AF not being recognized in FSX with version 7.4, and 7.5, but it seems to be fixed in 7.6 (Atleast for me) Try reducing your Catalyst AI setting and see if that helps!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

"what is the best driver for it ?I am on the lastest one but even with AA set to x4 and AF set to x16 i can still see severe juggies and blurry groud texture"Your card (X1900 XT) is a little faster than mine (X1950 Pro) except, that is, for FSX where they give roughly comparable performance. As far as I am concerned, ATI's Catalyst 7.1 drivers were the last great drivers for XP - very stable and when used along with Ray Adams' ATI Tray Tools v1.2.6.964 take a lot of beating.There's something amiss if you are not seeing better quality images than those you describe. I would suggest you:1. Try rebuilding FSX.cfg (i.e. first backup the file, then delete and allow FSX to recreate the file). This should ensure proper detection of your GPU.2. Spend some time digesting and implementing the recommendations in Koroush Ghazi's ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide:http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.htmlTakes a little time, but well worth the effort.Make sure you do not select AA in the sim and the Filtering to choose should be 'Trilinear'.Mike

Guest christian

Same here. I believe major cities simply hog fps in FSX, even with SP1 installed. The way around this is to decrease the graphics settings. Have a play with the config and save it as 'city'. Also save your normal settings as 'rural' (or so). Then, when you fly load your setting that's appropriate. Seems the easiest way to deal with this problem.Christian

Guest triangle

AA i still broken for alot of people in the 7.6 release. I am using the 7.3 set which is the last set that guaranteed AA would work for me in all applications.Andrew

Guest iwantmydc3

When you look out the aircraft window, does it seem like you're moving along, say like when you look out an airplane's window--smooth movement of the ground? if so your 'frame rate' is ok. do not worry about numbers. if not, you're having 'stuttering' and need to adjust settings under options. all depends on what hardware and graphics card you have. I have a Dell XPS 410 Core Duo (2.13ghz) with 2GB RAM NVIDIA 7900GTX (512MB) 500GB HDD with FSX SP1 and Vista Premium. (Yeah I finally upgraded from XP after all that naysaying and I do like it). I have all my sliders to the right and have never had a problem with smooth movement except, for some reason, in Las Vegas. I don't know what my "frame rate" number is I never looked. Also I don't really fly big jet airliners just single and multi engine general aviation aircraft, usually around my local southern california area, with an occasional "cross country," maybe that has something to do with my good results. All my scenery is dense; buildking packed tight and I can see the little cars driving on the road, and everything. Another thing you might check out is, when you are running FS, is it the ONLY program you're running? Except for my firewall (Zone Alarm), i shut down EVERYTHING else I can in the system tray, and for goshsakes don't have any MS Office programs running. I hope this was helpful for you.RegardsBruceCessna 337 Skymaster (favorite aircraft) Zamperini Field, CA (aka Torrance Muni) (favorite airport)P.S. I don't know why i've never had some of the problems that some people talk about here-maybe I'm just lucky? I do get a lot of skepticisim regarding all my sliders being able to be set on full, but it's true. I can't understand how people with more powerful hardware than I, don't get better results. Maybe Microsoft planned it that way :(

I dont have any antivirus |firewall installed on my FS machine.(No,i dont have any spywares because that computer is not connected to the internet.)I dont have any of my sliders full to the right i have my sea detail to x1 . mediumI tried using ati caTALyist 7.3 but the FPS still craps out in kbfi during takeoff..I dont know whats wrong with my machine it suppose to run it super smooothly but it doesntRam test came out ok so did the HDD test i defrag my hardrive every other day.