Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Cheap Digital Terminal Procedures (DTPP ) for US...

I found this product several months ago and use for all my U.S. flights. I love the versatility of the UI and the cost. ($14.50) There is a review here:http://www.palmflying.com/np/dtpp.htmlAnd a link to the FAA web-page.http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco...s/digital/d_tppIt is best utilized with a client or separate monitor, although you can print the procedures. It is a subscription service if you want to receive update charts monthly. That is not necessary for me, so the $13.50 costs plus shipping is a bargain for recent charts; which I may upgrade in a year. What you get in lew of a huge stack of grey bound terminal procedures is a CD plus nice user interface. The review and FAA info page show the coverage which includes every US airport plus Alaska, HI,PR etc. A poor man's electronic flight bag for US charts. :)Bob..

I ordered this and another DVD with all the U.S. charts on it from MyAirplane.com, since I needed several more charts and a bunch of IAP plates to have a complete collection, and paper ends up costing too much. I figured having all of it on DVD would be fine and much better than hooking up to the net, broadband or not.Well, two and a half weeks have gone by and I haven't received a things. They sent me a receipt and took the 50 dollars, but with Express delivery and all, nothing in the mail. Not real happy, and I sent them an e-mail friday asking what the hold-up was. The site is one I've used for a long time and doesn't seem like it would be ripping people off. I hope that's not the case.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Yipes,I ordered directly from the FAA site and the delivery was a couple days. Hope you get your CD's soon.Bob..

Guest n99wb

Bob,I ordered mine direct from the FAA too. The Gal I spoke with was very nice and called me back letting me know the package had missed thatday's shipping cut-off and would take 1 further day for delivery.Very good service and the package was stamped with some "PRIORITYPILOT INFORMATION" message or something like that on it.The mailman, I'm sure, was impressed!

Me too. ;) The only reason I ordered the d-TPP DVD from MyAirplane.com is because they offer that complete chart set. I hadn't seen any other store that had every single major U.S. chart on DVD (High Enroute IFR, Low Enroute IFR, VFR Sectionals, VFR Terminals, and VFR planning chart). I have several VFR sectionals and terminals right now, but to complete the set would probably cost $200.00, and that's a lot of money for paper. The one thing I really don't have are the Low IFR Enroute charts and they're nice. They're split into so many areas it's expensive to get them all. We'll see what happens with my e-mail to them.BTW, I remember someone mentioning the DVD from the FAA site within the FS9 forum. They said something along the lines of wishing they had a way to view or print them, one or the other. I wonder what that meant???

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired