Sign in to follow this  
Noel

From Hard Pauses back to near Flawless Performance

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Now, @Noel can you please elaborate on this audiodg.exe to Core0 and Core01?  How does a person assign something to Core0 and Core1?  You mentioned that you did but not how.

Jack, you can do this in task manager, but it’s easier with Process Lasso. It looks a bit complicated at first but you don’t need to know all of its features to change core assignments.

Right-click on MSFS in the list of all active applications. Make sure audiodg is running on different cores than MSFS, like Noel mentioned.

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Jack, you can do this in task manager, but it’s easier with Process Lasso. It looks a bit complicated at first but you don’t need to know all of its features to change core assignments.

Right-click on MSFS in the list of all active applications. Make sure audiodg is running on different cores than MSFS, like Noel mentioned.

When I right click on MSFS I get menus, what do I select?  I'm sorry but I need a step by step here.  I looked in Properties when I right clicked but nowhere does it says cores or audiodg.exe. Scratching my head, sorry Cpt.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I fiddled with the menus and discovered that it's set affinity.  So I set audiodg to just core0 and core1 removed core0 and core1 from MSFS and no change.  Still a 1/3 second pause every 60 seconds.

You guys know way more than I do about PC's.  Thanks for your help, I was hoping beyond hope that this would work.

It's beyond frustrating.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

11 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

When I right click on MSFS I get menus, what do I select?  I'm sorry but I need a step by step here.  I looked in Properties when I right clicked but nowhere does it says cores or audiodg.exe. Scratching my head, sorry Cpt.

I’ve got a mini-tutorial in this thread, just scroll down to “Change core affinites”. Pm me if you struggle.

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, Mace said:

I often wish we could have a barebones OS on which we could run our sim.

I think call that Xbox Series X 😆

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Process Lasso perhaps?

I bought it a while back for P3D and it just does not play well with MSFS.  I reported to the Dev but never got to the bottom of it.  For starters it prevented MSFS from opening!  I still have it but now I'm afraid to touch anything!  I'm on flight number 3 now and the perfection persists.  I did discover that running Render Scaling over my native 100 causes a subtle shimmer especially while taxi and turning.  I've always had it set at 120 to 140 as it takes that before GPU utilization starts getting too high.  But even at 120 w/ no strain on the GPU I get this occasional shimmer--it's gone when set back to 100.  There are some command line ways to do it but I haven't taken the time to absorb it.  You need to be able translate the CPU core to a hex number or something like that.  Probably someone has already posted this for our CPU so will start there first.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Btw are you running a 60Hz monitor? How do you find panning at 30fps? My basic 4K TV is not the best at 30fps when panning around, it has zero motion settings. I have a 65 inch Sony X90J in my family room that I have been thinking about trying to see how the VRR works and what the sim looks like in HDR. I have been toying with the idea on picking up a 50 inch X90J for my sim

Yes I have a pretty old but still good Dell 34" curved and it's max is 60Hz.  I'd certainly rather have solid 60FPS but my hardware won't support it, without dialing back image quality settings.  Panning is really pretty good I will make a video of it.  Next screen if this one every dies and it won't (!) would be a 120hz Gsync as presumably that should be the best option.  Can't see losing this screen it's still decent.  If it lasts until Samsung Micro-LED comes to PC that would be golden!

My sense is the bigger the screen, the worse the panning secondary to longer distance per frame over a narrower screen.  

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, vin747 said:

I have a static desktop wallpaper and still get this hard pause every 60 or 80s only with the Fbw neo. All other planes are okay. Go figure!

The FBW Team is aware of these stutters with their product, they are working on a fix. There is already a thread on that topic:

FBW Stutters

So far i changed to the STABLE Version of the FBW, in my mind it is much more smoother than the DEV or EXP Versions...but could also be a placebo 🙂 At least i have a feeling it runs more fluid, waiting for the fix from the FBW Team.

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

I'm also getting these hard pauses.  What does  audiodg.exe actually do?  Can you not just shut it down completely instead of swapping cores?

45 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

What is "desktop slideshow"?

In Windows 10 (and other Windows versions) you can select your desktop background image to periodically change.
The setting 'Slideshow' appears in the dropdown list under the 'Background' subheading and the frequency is selected from another dropdown list under the 'Change picture every' subheading.

Set the change frequency to the maximum of '1 day'. Greatly reduces the chances of having a stutter when flying.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

I'm also getting these hard pauses.  What does  audiodg.exe actually do?  Can you not just shut it down completely instead of swapping cores?

Sure, you can shut it down.

10 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Process Lasso perhaps?

No it was not Process Lasso, it was a free app that you could run as a portable. I found it from a thread here I think regarding the Fenix. I will try and find it. Moving some of the load of the main cores seems to be beneficial although I need to test more to be sure. I will look for that app and come back

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

10 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Process Lasso perhaps?

Found it !

I will have to have a play around with it later. Originally this was the thread it was discussed in here on Avsim, take a look towards the bottom of page 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

As audiodg.exe can have high CPU utilization, it can also cause sudden crackling or loud noises. Instead of using Process Lasso or task manager, there's a small script available on github that just permanently places it on one core. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

As audiodg.exe can have high CPU utilization, it can also cause sudden crackling or loud noises. Instead of using Process Lasso or task manager, there's a small script available on github that just permanently places it on one core. 

Just been playing with "Bill's ProcessManager" it looks pretty straight forward. Doing a test flight now with the stock A320 and watching the task manager cores 16,17,18 & 19 are not being utilized as much as the others (I believe these are the E-Cores) so will try shifting stuff like the FSLTL injector & Spad.next on to those cores and see what happens 

• Upvote 1

Richard

mmBbmS1.png