Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Tobii + FaceTrackNoIR (freeze action)

I’m a delighted Tobii user for 2 months now, after more than a decade of using TrackIR. My Tobii works fine except that I would love, as many Tobii users, to have a shortcut to freeze the view, then release it to unfreeze. For example, when looking closely to nav/com/ap and settings stuff with the mouse. The stability is quite very good with the Tobii but there’s always room for improvement.

spacer.png

I buy FaceTrackNoIR andI have the feeling that the shortcut assigned to my Mouse Button #5 doesn’t work all the time. Sometimes, I need to press the button several time to make it work. Obviously, it’s not a hardware button issue. It works great in other environnement. FaceTrackNoIR’s users, do you ever face this issue?

Optionally, I played with different curves to set sensibility in a better accurate way than the basic settings in MSFS. But there’s too many things to tune and finally, I think my settings is worst than without FaceTrackNoIR. Less stability of the view for example. For those expert in FaceTrackNoIR, what filter do you use if any? AccelaFilter Mk2 ? EWMA filter mk2 ? Did set something for the smoothing ? I didn’t find much web pages on Tobii+FaceTrackNoIR settings.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Hi Vincent !

For me the only way to freeze the view is to hit F9, but if the view freezes, it's  not in the position I choose, but standard position in the view. I use the keybord's  arrows  to move at the exact  place I want...

amitiés

JM

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

If I couldn't freeze the view like I can on my Track IR, it would be worthless to me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, supersym said:

For me the only way to freeze the view is to hit F9, but if the view freezes, it's  not in the position I choose, but standard position in the view. I use the keybord's  arrows  to move at the exact  place I want...

This why I wanted to use FaceTrackNoIR. With it, there's a way to "Stay" where I let my virtual head:
spacer.png

... but the shortkey detection is erratic. And we're back to my original post 😉

Vincent B.

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

If I couldn't freeze the view like I can on my Track IR, it would be worthless to me. 

It was my first attitude... and I bought a Tobii. For my usage (VFR, slow and low, with real physical devices on my desk : VRInsight, StreamDeck), it's so pleasant to not be force to wear the Track clip 🙂 And this is why I bought (few euros) FaceTrackNoIR.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.