Sign in to follow this  
Snowfalcon

Boeing Unveils 787 Dreamliner Flight Deck

Man is that slick looking! One of the payware companies should model a 787 for FSX. It would be quite a seller if it was done right.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Whoa. Talking about "glass cockpit" - very nice!All Airbus vs. Boeing animosities aside, but the Dreamliner is a nice bird, inside and out.Pat

>Man is that slick looking! One of the payware companies>should model a 787 for FSX. It would be quite a seller if it>was done right.>>LeeI know Abacus did one. Pretty simplistic from the reviews.

>>Man is that slick looking! One of the payware companies>>should model a 787 for FSX. It would be quite a seller if it>>was done right.>>>>Lee>>I know Abacus did one. Pretty simplistic from the reviews.>>>The last thing I bought fromn Abacus was the Airbus 380. After the LDS-767 it was a huge letdown. Now I'm very cautious before buying payware products. The LDS guys ruined me.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest Funky D

Hmm, whats hanging down from the windshilds? It almost looks like a frame for HUD's...

>Hmm, whats hanging down from the windshilds? It almost looks>like a frame for HUD's...If you look closely, they ARE actually HUD's. :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Dear Level-D, PMDG, Flight1* etc.:How soon can we get a true-to-life version of the Dreamliner? I want I want I want!!! :-jumpyP.S.: PMDG, if you're the ones to do it, I'll even be willing to forgive the dollars-to-euros price switch. ;-) *(or at least whoever did the ATR72-500 for Flight1)

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Be a long time before anyone makes a 787 for MSFS. These developers need to have access to AOMs and other documents, plus pilots who are willing to beta test the product.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

The newer "updated" pic looks better IMO. The first one looked like an Eclipse 500 cockpit or similar glass style you see with smaller aircraft. At least this pic represents what I'd think a new Boeing cockpit should look like with many similarities despite the ergonomic changes. The more changes will make it harder for pilots to transition to as it concerns certification and company policy, at least I would think it would. I still find the new glass cockpit like these,

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>The newer "updated" pic looks better IMO. The first one>looked like an Eclipse 500 cockpit or similar glass style you>see with smaller aircraft. I think the first one was clearly "work in progress" on top of being (probably) just a computer rendering. This one happens to be a 'real' cockpit - with sheep skins you can touch ;)I am particularly pleased with the fact that Boeing decided to adopt the same brown-like color tones (I appreciate this 'chocolate'). This 'grey' rendering looked very plain and boring.Michael J.