Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Help with installing Real Air Scout 07 pack

Hi, last week I accidently purchased the Scout 2007 for FSX upgrade pack, I emailed Rob and told him I will get the Full version when I got back home.Well I did tonight but something is messed up in my registry or something...I downloaded and tried to run the full version installer but it seems to think I still have the upgrade installer.It doesnt even ask me for my new installer key. It attempts to find an old scout file but of course I don't have one. I'm trying to figure out why it thinks I am using the upgrade installer when clearly I have redownloaded the full version installer many times.I found a setup.log in the Windows folder and deleted that, but it made no difference, I checked in REGEDIT and though I found some RA things I think they were related to my SF260 for FSX files, so I didnt touch them. Could I try to delete my Documents and Settings/username/Local Settings/temp folder? Maybe that would help?I already emailed the guys at Real Air but hoped I could be flying already since now I have around 65 USD dumped into something I can't even fly hehe... (well 44 after they refund me for my mistake, but I'm just a little miffed that I cannot fly).Anyone else think of anything that I could try?Thanks a bunch!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No one on this forum can help you on this because the issue you have is unique to RealAir's system. You have confused our registration system not just by purchasing two different versions of the same product but by attempting to install one and then the other. This is why I asked you to contact me as soon as you purchased the correct version, so that I can over-ride the system which locked into your first purchase (quite reasonably) until I manually change it, as well as refund you for your own mistake.All you have to do is e-mail me and I see you now have (at 6 am UK time) but I do sleep occasionally. I will sort out your registration in a moment, if you wouldn't mind being just a little patient. Thank you.Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks Rob, got your email!Sorry if I implied Real Air has poor service.... that's not what I meant, we got it sorted out anyway!And the full ver cost me about 44 USD, because my billing address is in MN, USA, so I had about 2.50 in local taxes, otherwise I think 29 euros will run ya around 41-ish

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |