Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

FSUIPC Controller Axis Resolution

I use FSUIPC for my power controls: Power, Props, Mixture/Condition Levers. This has been bothering me for awhile, and I've never gotten over it, but I can't figure out how to improve the axis resolution while using FSUIPC. In other words, very very small adjustments are not recognized, and are input as a "step." In FSUIPC I have them sent through "Send DIRECT to FSUIPC for calibration" My current hardware is the PFC throttle quadrant with the Twin turboprop levers. The PFC is connected via USB and is recognized by windows as a joystick. I know it's not my controller because in the PFC software, it registers very tiny movements. While in FSUIPC, it shows movements in steps. Is there a setting I'm missing that can increase the resolution of inputs? This only seems to happen with MSFS, which is why I posted this here. Thanks for the help.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

33 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I use FSUIPC for my power controls: Power, Props, Mixture/Condition Levers. This has been bothering me for awhile, and I've never gotten over it, but I can't figure out how to improve the axis resolution while using FSUIPC.

If you have not, might be worth checking your axis sensitivity settings in the MSFS controls section.

Also, it would be helpful if you would show the axis settings you have in FSUIPC7 under the Axis assignment tab and under the Joystick calibration tab.

And the FSUIPC7 support forum would probably be a better place to address this issue since John Dowson is very helpful.

Al

Edited by ark

You're probably right. I thought there was an FSUIPC subforum on Avsim, but I guess not. Anyways, here's my control settings in FSUIPC -- The interesting thing is, If i bind everything in MSFS, there is no stepping...it's only with FSUIPC. I haven't tried other programs like SPAD or AxisAndOh's since I've been using FSUIPC for so long. The primary issue is that I'm unable to set up prop feathering, beta, and cutoff using the default MSFS interface setup, so I have to create these in FSUIPC, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Maybe someone has found a way to set up controls that go through MSFS but are augmented by FSUIPC...

Thanks for the help, ark.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

B737 Pilot

2 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

The interesting thing is, If i bind everything in MSFS, there is no stepping...it's only with FSUIPC.

What does your FSUIPC axis assignment tab look like? On that tab you can set a minimum change value.

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

What does your FSUIPC axis assignment tab look like? On that tab you can set a minimum change value.

I decided to take your advice and ask over on simflight. We’ll see what they say…I’ll post the solution here if there is one. Cheers!

B737 Pilot

I'm not sure if it will help, but I do not use a check in "Filter", also I only have one throttle and select others to coincide with #1. Mine seems smooth through the hole travel though. Good Luck!

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

@V1ROTA7E I'm myself interested what you gonna find out, meanwhile I will try to take some pics with my setup shortly. What I noticed is the middle numbers (-4352, -960 etc) to be quite large. I'll get back later with mine and we can compare.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

So here's what Pete said on their forum:

unknown.png

I was able to reduce mine to 64 per controller, but now I want to know if it can be reduced further. Not "1" but maybe down to 32. However, either way, it's much much much better than it was before! The problem is, I have no idea where the config files are...still remember from the good ol FSX days it was under modules...now, in the future, I don't know where anything is anymore! 😂

EDIT: Nevermind! I found out how to change the resolution even further. Check it out:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The number next to the letters (FZ, FR, etc.) in my case, change those to whatever you want. I changed them to 32 and it's d*mn near perfect...finally!

Edited by V1ROTA7E
Fixed it!
  • Like 1

B737 Pilot

6 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

The number next to the letters (FZ, FR, etc.) in my case, change those to whatever you want. I changed them to 32 and it's d*mn near perfect...finally!

Yep, that's the minimum change setting I mentioned in my post above -- glad you have it all working the way you want!

Al

• Like 1