Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Alaska: From Port Alexander to a lodge on Kruzof island

Port Alexander is located on the south end of Baranof Island, 65 miles south of Sitka. It provides a safe harbor during the gales and storms that frequent Chatham Strait. It is also an ice-free port during the winter. Today Port Alexander is still a fishing community with a quiet, family-oriented lifestyle.

Kruzof Island is an island in the Alexander Archipelago in southeastern Alaska at 57°10′14″N 135°40′29″W. It is about 16 km (10 mi) west of Sitka and hosts the region's only volcano, Mount Edgecumbe. The lodge on Kruzof Island is privately owned and normally not open to visitors. But as we bring supplies to the residents, we are of course very welcome.

C-172-1.jpg 

C-172-3.jpg 

C-172-4.jpg 

C-172-5.jpg 

C-172-6.jpg 

C-172-9.jpg 

C-172-10.jpg 

C-172-11.jpg 

C-172-12.jpg

Passing Sitka

C-172-13.jpg 

C-172-14.jpg 

C-172-15.jpg

Looking out for bears, but I couldn’t find any

C-172-17.jpg 

C-172-18.jpg 

C-172-19.jpg 

C-172-20.jpg 

C-172-21.jpg 

C-172-22.jpg

Anyone home?

C-172-24.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 14

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Another excellent set Bernd!  Do you have any seasonal add-ons to make the trees turn color?  It looks so nice.

• Like 5

Jack Sawyer

51 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Another excellent set Bernd!  Do you have any seasonal add-ons to make the trees turn color?  It looks so nice.

My guess would be REX Accu-Season from Central . 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

My guess would be REX Accu-Season from Central . 

Thanks John, I was wondering about that.  It sure looks nice though!

• Like 3

Jack Sawyer

Thank you very much for your kind comments, my friends !!

5 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Do you have any seasonal add-ons to make the trees turn color?  It looks so nice.

Here you go, buddy:

https://secure.simmarket.com/bijan-habashi-4-season-pack_free-lod-for-msfs-(de_14312).phtml

• Like 5

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Here is a video, Jack, that shows the effects of this nice add-on 😉

• Like 5

Great set Bernd. It looks like a pleasant and relaxing flight 🙂.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Great set Bernd. It looks like a pleasant and relaxing flight 🙂.

It absolutely was, thanks Paul !

• Like 5

Beautys buddy 👍

cheers 😉

• Like 6

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 10/23/2022 at 4:03 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks John, I was wondering about that.  It sure looks nice though!

Be careful buying Bijan's Seasons addon. He has stopped supporting it since about 6 months due to what I understand are serious personal reasons (which I fully understand), and some people now have issues with it running DX 12. I am one of those people and the sim will not load for me anymore with his addon. It also causes a loss of several fps (so if you don't have fps to spare this should be worth noting).

I missed the autumn colors so much that I went and bought REX Accuseason which is being regularly updated and has a more slick user interface. I am happy enough with it. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Be careful buying Bijan's Seasons addon. He has stopped supporting it since about 6 months due to what I understand are serious personal reasons (which I fully understand), and some people now have issues with it running DX 12. I am one of those people and the sim will not load for me anymore with his addon. It also causes a loss of several fps (so if you don't have fps to spare this should be worth noting).

I missed the autumn colors so much that I went and bought REX Accuseason which is being regularly updated and has a more slick user interface. I am happy enough with it. 

Thanks for the heads up Steve.  Appreciate it.

• Like 4

Jack Sawyer